R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-pod HRE Pictures and Flyer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-pod HRE Pictures and Flyer
    Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:39am
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

What false advertising are you mentioning?
Check the wording on their web site and on their promotional brochures distributed in the dealers.

Words like ultra-lite, lowest tow weight are used to promote the R-Pod leading propective buyers into believing that they will be bying and easily towable trailer, which as is evidenced by the many testimonials in these forum and others that it is not.
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:17am
The 'Pods *are* very light and *can* be towed by "low end" TVs.   That's what I got from their website and their brochures and why I bought one as I was not going to trade in my brand new truck for a new tow vehicle.  So I had to work with what I could tow with it.

Advertisements are to promote your product in the best possible light.  No advertisement is going to mention the not so good parts, like crappy gas mileage when you tow. 

-Runebane
RP-177
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Runebane

The 'Pods *are* very light and *can* be towed by "low end" TVs.   That's what I got from their website and their brochures and why I bought one as I was not going to trade in my brand new truck for a new tow vehicle.  So I had to work with what I could tow with it.

Advertisements are to promote your product in the best possible light.  No advertisement is going to mention the not so good parts, like crappy gas mileage when you tow. 

-Runebane

Towing using more gas no matter what.  Runebane I with you I got Podterfly because I could pull her with my Nissian 4cyl.  While I was shopping with my youngest child, she informed me that I was to "old to mess up a popup, she didn't want me in anything that didn't have real walls and they didn't have a restroom", the other RV's were too heavy or priced out of my range.  
They are light weight, can be towed with smaller TV, If RF wasn't on the right track then why are there other companies making bad copies?

I think the only way to get the same MPG is to have a diesel  because the engine works at the same rate no matter what it's pulling.  I know a couple of podders have them, but I do think the price of the vehicle and the higher price of diesel I don't think you really come out that much more ahead.  (HEY I UP FOR BEING WRONG)  That's my two cents.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:31pm
Every one wants to build a better mouse trap. Well with all the mods that the Owners Form have come up with i still think, with what we have works just great for us, and will not be buying again unless i get another tv, as of now i love my tv and pod.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:29am
I heard from FR today.  Part of the response was about the new "spoiler", I have posted the last part of this response on the mpg thread.  Here is the info on the HRE:

"Yes, there is a new Hood River Edition.  It is something that is being built out west in our Oregon plant and is being offered to our west coast dealers. It is everything that you described and something that we're not going to be building here in Indiana.  as for the mpg/aerodynamics, we've added a rear spoiler to the pods. mostly for cosmetics. and It has 3 LED running lights in it. Not sure if it will improve mileage or not."

Thanks for FR for the info.  I didn't know they had a 2nd plant making 'pods!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Tamms View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 12:19pm
Tammy, Robert, & Linus the morkie (Two & a Half Nerds)
iamsmonk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 10:57pm
I just picked up a 177 that looks and sounds like this one.  The only difference in mine is: no diamond plate on the front, the axle is not raised and no 'off road' tires.  The inside is much the same as previous models.  The bathroom sink is TINY!!! Only meant for brushing teeth, maybe washing your face.  The new graphics are really nice.  I can't comment on the new r-dome as it is backordered and I've not received it yet.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.  Will post some photos when it warms up enough for me to get out and shoot some.  I've already started some mods, will post those too.

iamsmonk
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Jay & Tanner
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177

Let's go camping!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:55pm
Pics would be nice.  Welcome!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
creel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 4:00pm
well I don't think that anyone is going to buy the brochure Confused........there is enough information on it as shown to point out the extra/different features of the HRE.
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:44pm
We just bought our HR 177 today! We'll pick it up next week after getting some work done on our 1998 Toyota Sienna. The sink is itty-bitty! But maybe better than no sink at all. Over all it looks like it will be comfortable and will let us do the 4 season camping we want to do.  Never having done any camping with a trailer, I'm sure we'll have a learning curve!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>