R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRpod Surge suppressor and Meter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rpod190 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod Surge suppressor and Meter
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 2:38pm
Those guys at the dealer wanted me to buy this addon that plugged into the power box and could be stolen. You know the type what offers surge protection. Wellll, I went with the addon on surge suppressor from amazon and a 12 meter to monitor the power. This is NOT an easy mode for the beginner. It involves opening the pwer box and tying in the surge suppressor wires across the incoming power. Tightening the connection after is imperative to prevent heat build up. I found there is not alot of room in the box to get it done so if your not configent in your skills, dont do it or get help from someone who is. It took me about 2-3 hours.

Then I added the power meter since I was in there. I cut out a hole with the dremel tool and place the meter. It has a clip on round magnet to monitor power and requires 110vac which i did when i added the suppressor. The suppressor has green lights to tell me it is working. Probably more than a typical add on would, plus I can see my total power usage and see if I am near limits.

Wynnster
 Post Reply Post Reply