R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New table for RP190

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rpod190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New table for RP190
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:28pm
I finally needed room to get aroudn that table and built a new top using plywood and piano hinges. You can still fold it down and sleep on it, but have the sides fold makes a huge difference in sitting and getting in around the seats.

The original MDF ( sawdust compressed) top weighted about 30 lbs, The new plywood top is <10lbs.

A big plus is you can add stickers or items and mod-podge them into the top with a clear sealant or put your names into the top.
Wynnster
SailorDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote SailorDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:42am
Like your mod of the table.  How do you keep the folded part of the table when you fold them out.
rpod190 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpod190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 12:04am
I used a piano hinge from Lowes. I am also trimming 3" off the metal floor legs so I can angle the table more between the cushions
Wynnster
 Post Reply Post Reply