R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOverhead Storage added to RP190

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overhead Storage added to RP190
    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 5:26am
Seems like we never have enough storage, I added these racks from Lowes on 1x3 furring strips from lowes. I painted them the color of the camper and they rest on the window shades. I mounted a chain in the center and a heavy screw into the support and the racks are screwed down to the furring strips. Over the bed I had to put pipe insulation because I am tall and hit my head once. Now when we lay down, I have a place for the phone to listen to coast to coast and pockets for my eye glasses. We did both sides and loved the storage. Also We have puck lights mounted under the rack you can easily reach to turn on at night, but the color is red as you can chose any color you like and it comes with a remote dimmer so you dont go blind. This has been a great mod for us.

I tried pasting pictures here, but they wont upload. If anyone knows the trick, I will add them. Please let me know

Wynnster
Colt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:03pm
There's a pop-up for uploading pics, but it doesn't show on my mobile devices.  I have to use my laptop. 
John
'16 R-Pod 180
rpod190 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:24pm
Thanks for the help if finding how to add images!!!
Note the new table I built with folding sides, Gives a lot more room. I am posting on how I made this mod.
Wynnster
 Post Reply Post Reply