R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Water hot in heater but barely lukewarm from taps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater hot in heater but barely lukewarm from taps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water hot in heater but barely lukewarm from taps
    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 7:44am
WE have a 2016 176-T.  Used it all of July and everything worked great.  Took it out this October and all the hot water taps deliver only tepid water.   WE know heater working - we removed pressure relief valve and water is definitely hot.  Bypass valves are in correct position.   We did have to replace the outdoor shower taps in September as they were leaking but we didn't touch any hoses, etc.  Any ideas?  
Tim & Barbara, Ontario
JR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 7:53am
Make sure the outside shower valves are turned fully off.  Both the hot and cold water valves.  If they are not fully closed this will allow luke warm water to come to the other water faucets in the trailer.  Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
Tim and Barbara View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 12:09pm
HI Jay.  Outside shower 'valves'?  Do you mean the handles on the faucets?  WE weren't aware of any valves to the shower.   
Tim & Barbara, Ontario

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 12:20pm
We just went out and held both faucets of outdoor shower snugly closed while running sink tap.  Water still tepid.  It always has half a second of hot water every time we check, then becomes tepid.  
Tim & Barbara, Ontario
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 1:57pm
Please double-check the bypass valve. It really sounds to me like the center valve is set wrong.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 2:00pm
This definitely sounds like a case of having the bypass set wrong. Your water is NOT going thru the h/w heater. I hope theres water IN the heater
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
JR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
I only have 2 bypass valves so make sure those valves are fully open...if they are only partially opened that could cause the same problem.
Jay

179/2019

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:31pm
Thanks everyone.  Yes the water heater is working.  As I said original post, when we open the release valve it comes out hot and the red tube coming from heater is hot.  We have re-checked the valves numerous times.   They are set correctly.  Fully open.   Could it be that the new outside shower faucet has a small hole?  it has what appears to be a small vent and when we checked it just now, it drips water.  Or could insect have crawled in the month we were waiting for the new faucet part to arrive?  I took a photo but don't know how to upload photos in this forum.  
Tim & Barbara, Ontario
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:40pm
Hello Tim and Barbara,

To upload photos, you need to used he advanced editor. Look for what appears to be two overlapping boxes with an arrow pointing to the top-right corner. Click on that, and it will take you to the advanced editor. There is an icon there that looks like a tree. Click on that and you will have a dialog box that will let you upload photos. One suggestion is to use an image editing program such as the GIMP program to resize your photos to 800x600. That will reduce the size of them and they will still be clear enough for people to see what you are trying to point out. If necessary, you cold go to 1024x768, but much larger may not show up because of the size.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 9:01pm

Originally posted by Tim and Barbara

Thanks everyone.  Yes the water heater is working.  As I said original post, when we open the release valve it comes out hot and the red tube coming from heater is hot.  We have re-checked the valves numerous times.   They are set correctly.  Fully open.   Could it be that the new outside shower faucet has a small hole?  it has what appears to be a small vent and when we checked it just now, it drips water.  Or could insect have crawled in the month we were waiting for the new faucet part to arrive?  I took a photo but don't know how to upload photos in this forum.  
When you say "fully open"...do you have 3 valves? if so, the center one should be fully closed. The middle being open, gives exactly the symptoms you are describing.
The other possibility is at the outside shower.. remove the shower head. Open both taps, flow water, close both taps.
The hot water system is like a DC circuit, if a valve is open in the wrong place or order, it can "short"..

Also... Make sure the inside shower is not "on".. Same thing, make sure that the shower head isn't "off", and the valves on... Happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>