R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RV Cover for Winter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cgeorgerpod191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RV Cover for Winter
    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:20pm
Hello - has anyone out there purchased a cover for their Rpod that they think is great.  I have a 2018 Rpod 191 and could use a referral.  Or, if you have purchased one you really don't like, I'd like to know that also.

Thank you,
C. George
DenJan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenJan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:28pm
I just bought the Classic Accessories Model 4 PermaPro cover. Fits rpod 179 and 191. Haven’t tried it yet. Good reviews and it looks well made. I’m a newbie also so it’s all an adventure!

Good luck !!

DenJan
Live Free and Easy ~
Colt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:33am
I called Classic and asked which of their covers provided the best UV protection.  They said the PermaPRO.  I bought one for my 180 from Walmart.com as they had the best price (sold by 4Wheel Online), $196. 

It fits well, closely, has vents, the zippers feel good and operate easily.  The material is a ripstop material that is somewhat stiff, but not thick.  I think it has a coating because it is pretty much waterproof.  It has straps at the door to hold the door opening up, mostly out of the way.  It comes with a rock bag to toss the straps under to the other side. It comes with stick-on sheets to protect the cover from sharp edges.  If you unzip the corners and release the under-straps, the slide can extend fully.  I like it. 
John
'16 R-Pod 180
cgeorgerpod191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cgeorgerpod191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:47am
Thank you.
C. George
cgeorgerpod191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cgeorgerpod191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:47am
Thank you
C. George
Mooree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mooree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 4:53am
We keep our travel trailer in our backyard, and unfortunately, it has to be parked right under the overhanging branches of the neighbor's mature willow tree. Bird droppings, tiny willow leaves, and lots of thin branches come down on it all of the time, and we get plenty of snow in the winter. This PermaPRO travel trailer cover was the answer! Although it is inherently awkward to handle something this big, this cover makes it very easy to identify the front. The straps hold the cover in place very well, and since our trailer is on the smaller end for this size cover, it not only covers the trailer but the propane tanks and motorized hitch as well. The side and back zippers make it easy for us to get into the trailer and the outside kitchen if we need to, and the vents allow air circulation. So far we have been really happy with it, and it looks like it will be easy to clean up on the spring before storing it.

Post Reply Post Reply