This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Couch RV Nation review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Britcampers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch RV Nation review
    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:59pm
I have spent months researching the camper i wanted and selected on 176t which i then found out was not being made anymore. 
Rather than a used model i went for a new unit and communicated with a sales rep mainly via text until i made the plunge and sent deposit off in May. 
After many weeks of trying to get a timeframe, knowing that the COVID situation was going to delay i finally picked it up. 
Why the poor review? They had no concept of customer service .
~ I never met the sales rep until being there for two Hrs.  And that was a very brief hello/enjoy your unit chat
~ the initial worker doing the work through said “i don’t know too many times” before i grappled someone else. 
~ obviously they just want you out since you have already bought the unit so never saw the sales rep again 
~ forget getting any follow up as I’m trying to establish how to fix the full awning and just getting ignored. 
~ don’t expect anyone to be wearing face coverings, wiping down units or anything safety focused relating to COVID 
If you don’t want any customer service then certainly look at them 
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:17pm
They are a wholesaler.. you went there because they had the lowest price.. (they always do)
You get what you pay for. Not making excuses, just pointing out the truth for the next guy.
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:03am
I saw too many bad reviews of that joint when I was looking for our 195 to ever consider them.
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:20am
That is why Forest River advises to buy local. You saved money at the expense of service.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Rlbccb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rlbccb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:53am
I purchased our 2021 196 from Couch and had it delivered to North Carolina from their place in Ohio. Was it a perfect experience, no. Are there items they should have addressed before delivery, yes. I am hands on so the minor things have been dealt with. We are staying in the TT for the next several months and have been in it since July. So far only major issue is the need to add a slide-out awning/topper. I would buy from them again.
2019 Colorado 4x4, 2021 R-Pod 196
Steve Canyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Canyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 3:49pm
I bought a 2020 R-Poio from Florid 190 from Couch. I drove up to Ohio from Florida and picked it upon April 1, 2020.
My experience with them was awful.They blame Covid on everything!
I checked ahead in order to make sure everything was 10-4 before leaving home.I wanted to make sure the camper was ready to use the first night.The salsman said, "You have my promise, it will be ready".
When I arrived they hooked it up to my Tacoma an had a maintenance guy do a very quick demostration. Then after 45 minutes of the usual come on sales pitch, I was on my way.
After 3 hours on I75 south, I stopped at a rest stop to check out the camper and to my surprise, it was still winterised and nothing had been done to have ready, except the propame was filled.
In addition, it had a few maintenance issues, like the refridgerator on-off switch was inop.
After I got home (stayed in a Hampton Inn) and called Couch the salesman became very angry and hung up!
I was very polite with him, but firm on my complaints. Then after and few more calls I got Mr. Couch himself and he cussed me out and hung up!
I ended up fixing the refridgerator switch myself, but still had other issues.
Take my advise: COUCH is a place to avoid!! Period. As one writer said, buy local. In addition, when you buy local and need warrenty work they will take care of local buyers.
Yep, I learned a good lesson and just passing it on.
Steve from Flagler Beach
Steve
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 4:07pm
Obviously Mr. Couch's anger management classes weren't effective after his aggravated assault conviction. I wouldn't buy anything from RV Nation.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 7:31am
Originally posted by mcarter

Obviously Mr. Couch's anger management classes weren't effective after his aggravated assault conviction. I wouldn't buy anything from RV Nation.

Yikes! Sounds like if you do buy from that guy its safer to complain by phone rather than in person.....Star
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 2:59pm
I was camping this weekend and someone asked to see the 195 (with mask on). They said they called couch and got a great price quote, and that they were very helpful on the phone. Not that it means much, but that's what they said. They are purchasing a unit. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Steve Canyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Canyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 3:28pm
I also got a great price, but for me, it wasen't worth it. In addition, when you buy local, you'll get much better service.
But, as they say, "To each his own".
Thankks for the reply,
Steve
Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>