R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaking A List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peachpod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making A List
    Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:27pm
We took our first trip in the Peachpod last weekend and we have an appointment for warranty work in a couple of weeks...It would go in sooner, but we have a couple of trips already planned that we don't want to cancel.  We had fun, but it was quite an adjustment downsizing from a 31 foot TT!  We spent some time just figuring out where to put stuff.  Fortunately, we traveled very lightly so we could figure things out.

Our fix it list so far after one trip:
1.)  We have the 173 and are using the dinette as a permanent bed.  When we turned the table over to collapse it, we noticed that one of the table legs was bowed out (bent).  This was before we ever used it.  Luckily, the metal's so thin that I was able to gently bend it back enough to be able to collapse the leg enough (the leg won't go completely up against the bottom of the table, however).
2.)  The screws attaching the door hold back on the outside door are completely stripped (we didn't yank on it to do this).
3.)  The breaker tripped repeatedly when the microwave and the a/c were both running.  Nothing else was running to draw amps.  This is a 30 amp camper like our bigger one was and shouldn't happen.  Now...throw the hair dryer into the mix, and I KNOW that doesn't work.  Don't ask me how I know this!!
4.)  Screws loose on lower kitchen cabinet, making door wobble - will try to tighten them ourselves - hopefully they're not stripped.
5.)  The scariest problem:  The outside door has popped open twice now while in transit!!  The door is very difficult to latch, but we are always careful to make sure we hear it "click" shut.  Luckily, nothing was near the door, so we didn't lose anything.  Yikes!
6.)  The dealer's technician, who set up our Prodigy brake system, set the brake too tight, causing it to grab, especially in this heat-will try to readjust it on our next trip and hopefully won't mess it up!
7.) Couch sags in the middle - I've seen other comments on here about this problem.

I guess we're getting what we paid for...Light weight materials are not very durable.  We're going to have to treat this camper like a delicate child to get it to last!
Beth and Joe
2011 Prime Time Tracer 195M
2010 Toyota Tacoma
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12