R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with kids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRP-171 Sleeps A Family of 4?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RP-171 Sleeps A Family of 4?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:10pm
Michael, that you haven't had something tragic happed in your 750 miles maybe because you have been extraordinarily conscientious in loading your trailer and TV keeping it within it's capacity or it may be just dumb luck that may someday run out.  If it's dumb luck and it runs out and you are discovered to have completely disregarded weight capacity limitations, you may find yourself not only facing a civil action that will bankrupt you but also criminal charges.  If you want to put your own safety at risk, that is your prerogative.  Putting the lives of others at risk, whether your children or spouse, or other people minding their own business on the highway, is another matter.  Ultimately, you are responsible for the weight of your vehicle and for knowing what its limits are.  If you exceed them and it causes a crash, you are the one who will have to answer for it.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
dmclachlan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:54am
Hi, when you raised the lower bed, what did you find between the under-bed storage area and the front of the camper? I suspect there is a trianguler-shaped cavity in there with some supports for the portion of the bed surface that are fixed. I've installed some hydraulic lifts for the storage area under that lower bed, but they are so strong that they are peeling the fixed portion of the plywood up. Need to get in there and add some more support. 
we pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 11:51am
Good advice off the grid
I have flirted with marginal weight limits myself but would not feel safe to recommending to others
we-pod, out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12