This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Air in water on new Rpod 195 - Event Date: 27 Jun 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sorrone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Air in water on new Rpod 195
    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:24pm
I hope someone can assist, please!! I have air in the wTer line continuously despite that I have purged Rpod 195 (2020) water system several times with all water valves open. Also opened low point drain. And while pump runs it burps sir too. Flows naturally when pump is off. Bled hot water heater until water flowed from unit. Filled fresh water tank several times and let furthest tap open with pump on and still get bursts of air the water even with in all faucet taps open. This is a new rig so water pump was not ever working normally to my knowledge. (always had air in the lines)   I have located pump and all SEEMS to be in order but clamps are crimp on vs screw tightening and I HAVE NOT located valves for hot water bypass ( that is used for winterizing) only the 1 valve at pump used to divert water from pump to loose hose to pull in antifreeze.   So any info how to get air out of line or trouble shoot why air is getting into line would be so appreciated. Thx in advance. Would love to be able access the H2O in this new fancy new rig!!
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:39pm
Hello and welcome! Once this is solved, I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories in your RPod.

First off, how much water do you have in the fresh water tank? If you are running the pump, it draws water from there. If there is not enough water in the tank, it will pull air.
Second, are you connected to city water? If so, turn the pump off. The city water will pressurize the system. If you have city water connected but the pressure is low, the pump could be running and pulling air from an empty tank if you did not add water to it.
Third, make sure that the winterizing valve is completely closed. It may be partially open which would allow air to be sucked in through the winterizing stub hose.

There really isn't quite enough information in your post to be sure what is going on. We have a 179. There should be a valve for bypassing the hot water tank. Mine has three. One on the cold water line leading to the water heater, another on the hot water line, and a third that goes between the cold and hot water line. On mine, the one between is set to closed (perpendicular to the line) and the hot and cold water lines are set to open (parallel to line) for normal use. They are set to hot and cold lines closed and connector hose open (reverse the above positions) for bypassing the water heater. These should be located near the water heater. I'm not sure if the 195 has the same setup.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
sorrone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sorrone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:53pm
Hi Stephen. Thx for your reply. 1   I filled fresh water tank completely till overflowing. 2. I’m relying on water from tank not city water so pump is on 3. I can only locate the valve on water pump (accessed in front storage area opposite side of outdoor stove through kick out held by 4 screws) where I checked   the valve switch and it’s correct and in full position located between pump and suction hose to pull in anti freeze. But although I know where hot water heater is and that 1 valve I can not locate the 2 other valves to see if they are fully engaged in correct position. The hot water heater is at back of rig but no access to the hoses thT I can see   Any clue where to find them in my model.? Good idea to check those valves. Just gotta find them! Not much online yet about this model as it’s a new Rpod -195 model. 2020 year.
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 2:53pm
Unfortunately, I can't help you because I have no idea of the 195 layout. Hopefully, someone else can provide some better information.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
sorrone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sorrone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:21pm
Ok so I have found all 3 shutoff / bypass valves in Rpod 2020. For the pump Valve enter via outside storage door and remove panel on right held by 4 screws. . For shutoff valves for water heater enter by vacuum cleaner. Yes you heard this right. It is ridiculous! But there is a small 4x4 panel held by 4 screws   Inside there are 2 valves. On function is the Handel inline with hoses which is what you want when hot water is in use. Off is perpendicular to hoses which is where you want them after system is drained and before you put in antifreeze to winterize rv.    Now to figure why water pump grabs air all the time
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
I'm glad you found all the valves. Here are a couple of thoughts: Is the strainer for the pump screwed on tight and intact (not cracked)? Are all the fittings connecting the hoses to the pump tight?
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:13pm
I've run my "self priming pump" 15 minutes without water flow. Finally used my antifreeze line to prime the pump and away it went. Nothing was bad, it just didn't self prime.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm
That is not unusual. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:18am
Is the hot water tank full?? If the hot water tank is not completely filled, you will get air until you finally draw enough water into the tank.

BTW: The hot water tank is under the fridge. Remove the panel under the fridge and the valves should be there. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Grant177 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grant177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:47am
Hey Sorrone,

I had a similar sounding issue this spring after starting up the 177.  What ended up solving it for me was removing the pump, disassembling it (it is very easy and almost impossible to screw up), rinsing/cleaning up everything, and basically just re-seating everything and putting it back in.

I suspect something is not seated properly which just causes cavitation, turbulence, agitation....whatever term you want to use.  I did nothing else on mine.

Hope this helps...

Grant
2011 R-Pod 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>