R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed171 - Mod - Mud Flaps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 171 - Mod - Mud Flaps
    Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 10:13pm
I had risers installed about a year after I received the camper and the first thing I noticed was that in rainy weather mud got all over the back side.  Also had a lot of pebbles kicking out.  Decided  it was time for some mud flaps.  Picked up a truck mud flap at the NAPA Store and also 6 Stainless steel 1/4X28 1" Bolts, stainless Nuts, Stainless Fender Washers and Stainless Lock Washers.  Did a lot of playing around with a cardboard template before I came up the size 9 1/2" Wide by 12 1/2" Long with 11 1/4" Hanging down.  I did have to notch the passenger side due to the rail for the screen house.  Drilled the 1/4" holes at 2", 4 1/2", and 7" on the fenders.

TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 2:30pm
I installed similar mudflaps. I also found that with risers on...the sides of the Pod in front
of the fenders also got really muddy.  So I also installed a second pair of flaps in front.  I made certain that the mudflaps were stiff enough that road wind would not bend the front flaps back into
the tires.  Having flaps on both front and back of each fender really helps keep the Pod clean
when traveling in rain.
TIDALWAVE
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 3:41pm

Tried to post pics of my just finished flaps showing the brace to keep the flap from sailing up and hitting the 171s sewer fittings. No luck loading pictures. 
F150/R-pod171
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 9:23am
what errors did you have uploading pictures?
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by TIDALWAVE

I installed similar mudflaps. I also found that with risers on...the sides of the Pod in front
of the fenders also got really muddy.  So I also installed a second pair of flaps in front.  I made certain that the mudflaps were stiff enough that road wind would not bend the front flaps back into
the tires.  Having flaps on both front and back of each fender really helps keep the Pod clean
when traveling in rain.

Tidalwave, do you recall how far your front flaps extend beyond the fenders?   I picked up a new set of truck flaps at a garage sale today, and they came with separate anti-sail panels.  I am thinking about installing the lower panels on the back-side of my front flaps (when I fabricate them).  The anti-sail panels are polished aluminum and I don't know if they would look good on the rear flaps. 

Bob             
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
 Post Reply Post Reply