Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProud new owner of a rpod 193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proud new owner of a rpod 193
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:06pm
So we finally did it and pulled the trigger on a new rpod 193 (our first travel trailer).  I've been watching travel trailers for a year or two and really liked the rpod, but wasn't sure how it would work for our family with the available floor plans.

When they came out with the slide + bunk + murphy bed layout on the 193, I was extremely excited, but the excitement went to bitter resentment when I realized there was almost no stock in Texas (or nationwide for that matter).

Today I finally made the decision to purchase a TT, but on the way to the RV dealership to purchase a Wolf Pup, I decided to stop off at another dealer on the way.  To my surprise, they had a rpod 193 on the lot (just came in yesterday).  Yay!

I'm so excited to be a part of the rpod family.  With a wife and 2 kids, we plan on doing a lot of camping, including some boondocking down on the texas gulf coast.  This looks like the perfect rig for us, being lightweight and easy to tow on the beach.
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:12pm
Congrats you're going to love it.
Julie
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:38pm
Welcome, and congrats. I'm sure you will love it. It's a great floorplan for 4 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:54pm
Congratulations and welcome! I hope you and your family have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your new RPod. Some of the memories I have of camping with my family as a child are the reason we have an RPod today.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:09pm
Welcome to the forum.  Am sure you are going to enjoy that 193!  What a great floor plan for a family your size.  Enjoy the summer, but more importantly your family as you pod around this great land we are so blessed with.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
D&H View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 2:34pm
Congrats on the purchase!
Bobbo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 8:37am
My wife Pam and I pick up our 193 this Thursday. We too looked for a couple of years before settling on this one. The new layout did it for us. Let's keep in touch and compare notes. We live in middle TN, by the way. 
dustin999 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 2:31pm
That's awesome!  You'll love it, we're thoroughly enjoying ours.  Let me know how things go with the 193!
KerieG View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:54am
Hi there! New here and seriously considering buying a 193, if they ever make it out to Oregon. Have my name in at two local dealers waiting for the next shipment. 

TWO QUESTIONS:

1) What do you guys tow it with? We are looking to upgrade from our Honda Pilot AWD with 5K Max towing capacity to something more mid grade with 7000-8000 capacity, but I don't want a giant expedition or even a Ford 150 because they won't fit in our garage! :) Too long.

We're thinking maybe a Ford Ranger - they came back in 2019 or Chevy Colorado

2) Are you finding the Murphy bed comfortable? We like the bunk option for our 5 year old son and possibly a friend but my husband is 6 feet tall so concerned that Murphy might not be comfortable for him length wise.

Thanks for any advice!

Kerie
Kerie
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:41pm
I'm not sure if a Ranger would be adequate for you. It is a 3500 lb capacity unless you get it with the factory tow package. That boosts the towing to 7500 lbs. The restriction of 55 sq. ft frontal area must be considered also. The height x width of the RPod 193 is about 79 sq. ft. Whether the slope reduces this figure to within the limits of the 55 sq. ft. for the Ranger is a question for an engineer. The engine is a 2.3L Ecoboost engine. I was towing an RP179 with an Escape with the 2L Ecoboost engine. The Ecoboost engines are remarkable. The caveat is that you will need to use premium fuel for it. A lot depends on fuel tank size also. We were stopping every 100-150 miles to fill up with the Escape. We are now towing with an NA 4L V6 Frontier. The Ranger comes with an 18 gallon fuel tank. That is better than the Escape, but not as big as the Frontier's tank. OTOH, the mileage figures for the Ranger are better than for the Frontier, but those do not take into account towing. Figure on about half the stated mileage for when you are towing. That is, if you limit your speed to 60 mph or lower. Faster will have your mileage in the single digits very quickly.

The Colorado does (IIRC) have a Diesel option. I think that would be pretty good.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>