Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew member/owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member/owner
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:56pm
Hi, we will be receiving our 2021 196 late next week. This is our first travel trailer and first R-pod. We are not new to RVing as our last RV was a class A. Like many we started small and worked our way up in size. When we retired we went full time in the class A for a few years and then sold it and quit RVing for two years now. The urge to go RVing could not be broken so we are back in what seems to be the perfect couples camper for us. I will be towing with a 6 cylinder Chevy Colorado and just added the WDhitch. We are looking forward to getting back out there. Also I have to complement the members of this forum. The responses and question I have read have been very informative.

Thanks!
2019 Colorado 4x4, 2021 R-Pod 196
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:43pm
Congrats and welcome to the r-pod world. I think the 195 and 196 should be billed as the perfect couples camper. My wife and I purchased a 195 last june, and we absolutely love ours. So much storage, and a really roomy bathroom. I love the skylight over the shower. You might want to add some lift arms in the storage area under the bed. It's so nice to be able to open mine literally with one finger. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:52pm
Congratulations and welcome! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod. We have the 179 and are happy with it. While I would like to move up to the larger size with the walk-around bed, we plan to stick with what we have for now. It is also good for couples.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:02pm
Very good choice, am sure you will enjoy it for many years.  Welcome to this forum.  I have benefited greatly for many years here from all the great advice given.  This is your 24/7 owners manual.  Have fun and enjoy each others company as you travel this great land.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Rlbccb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

Congrats and welcome to the r-pod world. I think the 195 and 196 should be billed as the perfect couples camper. My wife and I purchased a 195 last june, and we absolutely love ours. So much storage, and a really roomy bathroom. I love the skylight over the shower. You might want to add some lift arms in the storage area under the bed. It's so nice to be able to open mine literally with one finger. 

I can see I will need to start a list for possibilities Smile
Rlbccb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by StephenH

Congratulations and welcome! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod. We have the 179 and are happy with it. While I would like to move up to the larger size with the walk-around bed, we plan to stick with what we have for now. It is also good for couples.

StephenH, thanks for putting your MOD link in the signature. I have been enjoying reading them.
 Post Reply Post Reply