Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedColonia Del Rey, Corpus Christi, TX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colonia Del Rey, Corpus Christi, TX
    Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 1:15pm
Just wanted to let everyone know, if you are in this neck of the woods, you will not go wrong dealing with Colonia Del Rey RV Sales. We decided on our R-177 after 4 different visits to the dealership. We were never made to feel like lookie-loos and they always answered all our questions patiently, even if we forgot and asked the same questions again. They are full service and installed our complete electric brake system also. Special kudos to Carolyn, Chris, Rick, Rene' and the rest.  Hug
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:17pm
I second that great people.  

They are busy all year round, summer travelers and winter Texans.  On easy stuff, I've made an appointment drop off in morning and pickup on the way home from work.  Rick always is patient with me and my stupid questions.  

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
beargoodtime View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 8:16pm
Well I have to disagree, buying a 2010 (last years model) brand new and had five issues with it from the time I got home only 30 miles away. I got blamed for two out of the five, one is in limbo, and the others I fixed myself. I am glad to hear that someone had a decient visit with them. Seems like they took my money and ran
Bear
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 9:34am
Sorry to hear about your experience.  We bought our there just over a year ago.  They were very helpful.  I did have a problem with the brake controller 6 or so months after the purchase.  I had it repaired locally.  I talked to them about the problem after the repair and as a goodwill gesture they paid me back for the repair. Just my 2 cents worth.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
psaman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 10:19am
Sorry for your bad experince also, bad as said before, Colonia Del Rey has been great to us.  In warranty issues I have talked to them about, they have responded well and I will continue to recommend them until they stop being so to me.
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
thebegbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 12:37pm
I just purchased my 2012 r-pod 177, loaded with Axel riser, Exterior Luxury, Interior Luxury and the gel-coat finish from Colonia Del Rey... I can't say enough good things about the entire crew down there. 

I have to tell you, the price was fantastic when comparing to other dealers (not only in Texas, but outside of Texas as well).  Ed was my salesman and was fantastic - the deal was so easy.  No gimmicks and no hidden fees.  What they told me over the phone and what was on the purchase order, was exact.  They helped me finance and had it all done when I got there. 

My friend Tony came down there with me and he is purchasing the same packages with a 2012 r-pod 176 with them next week (once they get it in).  The bunks in the front suit him better and his entire family is going.  They have two kids - one small daughter and one teenager - bunks for them.  

I bought the camper sight unseen!  Yes, I know - crazy, but I did about 6 months of reviews and homework before I did something that silly.  I was extremely happy with the product and I know my kids and I will get many years of use out of it (my lovely and sweet wife is not a camping person Cry, but she was excited for me and the boys).

A+++++ for Colonia Del Rey down in Corpus Christi, Texas.
'12 r-pod 177
2008 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 V6
Father of 3 Boy Scouts and yes, we cram 5 family members in our 177!
When is the next camping trip? Because I'm ready for a vacation!
 Post Reply Post Reply