Topic ClosedNew owner older Rpod RP177

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New owner older Rpod RP177
    Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:37pm
Hi Everyone, 
i have just purchased a 2011 RP177.
I know there is so much info on the forum and look forward to looking through.
A few items i will be looking for immediatly will be the leak problem which i beleive has to do with the rear spoiler.
Also as the storage unit that supported the TV / DVD player was pulled down and now missing, looking for suggestions or something to do with that.
I am looking forward to spending lots of time with my new toy and am thanking you now for all the information and help i will get from here.
Cheers!
Travellingguy
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:50pm
Welcome and congratulations! I don't have a 177, so I can't help you with the storage unit. However, if you search (use the advanced search function so you can expand the date range which defaults to 6 months or newer posts), you should be able to find lots of information about sealing the spoiler. One way that seems to be popular is to use Eternabond tape.

I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:11pm
Congratulations on your "new"  acquisition!  We purchased our 177 back in January 2011 so I may be able to help you with a few things on your similar model.  We boondock a lot so when we ordered our 177 it came without the entertainment system, the microwave/convection oven and without A/C. We do however still have the cabinet over the bed that was used for the tv and entertainment system, a great storage space imho.  One of the first improvements we made was to change out the mattress.  After that we changed all the lighting to L.E.D.'s; back in 2012 those replacements ran almost $ 10 each!  Now days they are very reasonably priced.  Any question you ask will be answered by the many 'experts' on this forum.  I have been helped numerous times over the past 8 years that I have been here.  Enjoy!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:17pm
If the head knocker is missing, and you have or want to use the little drop down entertainment center, I would suggest a shelf at the foot of the bed..

If we watched TV, it was while in bed, and moving it to the foot of the bed, made it much more comfortable for us..

Post Reply Post Reply