Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 9:02pm
Welcome and congratulations on your "new to you" RPod. When we were new, this forum was very helpful also. I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod.

Overall, I have been happy with it. It is a little hard to keep clean, but it is great for fitting in the tight storage and does a credible job of grilling. The burner is handy also. I recently got a Coleman camp oven that fits over the burner and so beside the convection-microwave, I can bake outside the RPod also. I also bought the griddle that goes with this stove and it is very handy for bacon and eggs, pancakes, etc.

I can find the griddle that fits this stove on the Coleman site, but can't find for sale anywhere. It has apparently been discontinued.

I had purchased a CharBroil  Grill2Go X200 Infrared grill thinking I would take that instead of the Coleman Grill-Stove. However it is a lot bigger and would not fit the storage area, so it stays home.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
chenschel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 9:00pm
We bought a used R-pod 180 and love it. We just got an Aussie Grill from E-trailer and it works great.  Just fits under the bed for storage not a 1/4 inch to spare.  And hooks up with a propane hose to the fitting up front. Used it 3 times this trip. Love it. 
Portable Gas Grill with Carrying Bag - Black
Lucky CHUCK :Y:
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 7:37pm
I use a Coleman fold n' go, fits fine in the 179 storage area. 

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
TugPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 6:19pm
Hello,

We are from the Puget Sound area and just purchased a slightly used 2019 rpod 190.  We are looking forward to great adventures this year.  In the past, we've owned two Class C's and a travel trailer, but haven't been RVing for awhile.  

With no warranty or dealer walk through (the original owners just wanted to have it sold so they weren't much help), we have found your forum full of great tips and ideas.  Really has helped to get us oriented!

First challenge:  Just went to Camping World today to buy a BBQ--got it home it was too tall to fit in the storage compartments.  Any recommendations on BBQs that fit?

Thanks for all the advice and stories.

TugPod

2019 Rpod 190
TV Ford F-150
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:38pm
Welcome BMJ. I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories doing so!
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
BMJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:27pm
We are new members. Have a 195, and really enjoy it. Initial problem with the drain support/set up under the shower but fantastic dealership in Salem Virginia (Tonie’s.... really great business)took care of it.
Looking forward to leaning !
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:50am
Triumph Austin Healy (senior moment there) Sprite/MG Midget, aka the Spridgets. Had a Lucas distributor fall apart in my hands. They were fun cars though. Tiny. Not sure I could get in and out of one now. 

But that's not my worst by a long shot.

84 Jeep Cherokee, purchased new (yep, very dumb of me). While AMC owned Jeep they engaged in the very worst parts bin engineering. GM 2.8L V6 engine BAD. Had to grind a groove in the heads to get the head gaskets to seal. That was the official Jeep fix believe it or not. Clutch slave cylinder WORSE. It was made by Lucas of all possible bad choices. Natural rubber seals, requires special brake fluid. And Jeep filled it with regular DOT3 fluid Censored Cylinder failed and leaked brake fluid all over my new dress shoes, with only about 5K on the ODO. Going on 40 years later and Jeep still has a poor reliability record. That was and will remain the last Jeep product I'll ever own. You just don't ever forget stuff like that. 

Glad to hear the backup thingy is more than a gimmick. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Deepsouth252 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:49am
Good Memorial Day morning everyone. Walter and Laurie here. We live near Gulf Shores, Alabama. We just purchased a 2020 Rpod 196. We owned larger travel trailers for many years. We are older now and your situation chages as you get older. We no longer take long rv trips for weeks and at this time in our lives we needed a "Couples Camper". We sold our 32 foot Forest River Hemisphere back in July and have been researching smaller rigs since then. We lucked out and found our Rpod that had been traded in (previous owner bought new 6 months ago, verified) they traded it in on a Class C rig. Guys, this rig is just like brand new and we were able to save thousands over new. Previous owner was older like us and told me he only used it 2 times. Just wasn't for them. I was able to speak to the previous owner before I made my purchase. It also had an extended warranty the previous owner had purchased and was transferred to me. With the larger travel trailers we have owned it seemed as tho we were always having problems with parking at restaurants, gas stations and getting turned around after missed turns. I really enjoy this facebook page and I invite everyone to experience my home area in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is a paradise and very family friendly (not a college friendly hang out area). Check it out and Happy Trails!
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:34am
Ah yes. Lucas Flash and Flicker. We had an MG a while back, and that thing was the opposite of reliable.

We've also had several Toyotas. We've never had an issue of any great importance with any of them. We've also had a couple of Fords. We might have gotten a Tundra instead of the F-150, but the F-150 had way more room, and close to 20% better fuel economy. We had owned a Tundra back in 2005, and it was very reliable; it just didn't get very respectable fuel economy.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:19am
The worst, a Triumph TR3, with Lucas Electric, the prince of darkness.

Ford's backing system works really well.  I was able to put the trailer's left wheel up on some blocks simply by watching in the mirror and aiming the backup dial.  Put it onto the 2x6's on the first try.  My prior practice was to back a little further than I wanted and pull forward up onto the boards.  It's going to take a bit of a learning curve, but that's not the system, but the user. 

Here's a video demo of the system.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tby3A29osDg
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>