R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedreplacing microwave in rpod 151

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: replacing microwave in rpod 151
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:12pm
It looks like only 2 bolts hold it in....It's 10 years old and need to be replaced. The guy who works at the rv place i go too says you can use a normal microwave and be just fine and save money..He said he has done it many times with no issues and taken it on some crazy roads.... So my microwave is 20.5 x 11.5. It's a Sylvannia convection. I dont care about the convection part. The trick seems to get the holes where the feet are to line up correctly....thats where it bolts into a plate that holds it in..Anyone have experience in replacing their microwave? Advice? 
2010 Rpod 151
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:41pm
I did this years ago on an old Airstream. I never found an exact match, I had to modify the cabinet to secure the MW. Just some measuring, attaching and securing. It can be done.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
camper821 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 2:06pm
2010 RPOD 176
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
camper821 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 2:08pm
I have a 2010 176 and the feet have all broken on the bottom of the microwave. Bouncing has broken the plastic surround frame as well. Not sure how they attach. Sounds like you have the same issue.
2010 RPOD 176
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 4:54pm
I had to replace a microwave also. The replacement is easy-just about any m/w will work. the problem is the trim plate that goes around it. The cabinet space is much larger than the m/w, so there is a decorative frame around the original m/w that has the same outer dimension as the outside of the cabinet and the same cutout as the outside of the m/w.if you don't mind the appearance, you can gain some storage space by simply installing the m/w completely to one side of the cabinet and have the balance of the cabinet space open. You may have enough room to add a shelf over the m/w or mount the m/w on a shelf and have open space below the m/w. Secure the m/w with wood trim all around the bottom so that it cannot move side to side or front to back.  Make sure you leave enough side and front clearance for the door to open completely. Note where the receptacle is located before you decide which is the best right/left or top/bottom location for the m/w as they all differ from pod to pod and m/w to m/w.
hope this helps
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply