R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSuggested "Road Kit" for repairs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggested "Road Kit" for repairs
    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
I'm wondering what tools and repair supplies to bring along on the road in anticipation of common R-Pod problems to fix. Broken black and grey water tank drain hangers, leaks, etc. This being our first travel trailer we want to plan some long trips and be prepared. What minimum items to make up an R-Pod road repair kit would you suggest? 
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 7:16pm
Pretty big question. I don't want to be broke on the road and not be able to get to help. So it has to roll. I don't want to drag my stuff so I have to be able to secure my low hanging stuff. I don't want to be not visible so I need to be able to test my electrics. I want to have ability to test my trailer to TV hook-ups. I don't carry spares other than a tire. I carry tools, to include a meter. I want off the highway. So I have everything to change a tire, wire hangers and duct tape, a meter and basic hand tools and socket sets. Electric supplies to include fuses. I want to arrive at a place I can fix the issue and be safe. When I first started RVing I had too much and time has taught me what I do need, it changes with every trip, but not much. I have always found I could get what I needed if I got to where I was safely.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply