R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUpcoming planned trips! Adventure!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming planned trips! Adventure!!
    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 7:50am
If you like Civil War history also try Antietam Battlefield (Sharpsburg MD) and Harpers Ferry, in the same general area. The Appalachian Trail goes through Harpers Ferry and the C&O canal towpath is right across the river in MD and makes a great (level) bike ride. And, if you do want to spend a day in DC without having to drive in and mess with the traffic, you can take the MARC commuter train either from Frederick MD or Harper's Ferry WV. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:06pm
My wife and I are headed to a family reunion in the southern Colorado Rockies in July. I haven't seen two of my three brothers and families in 10 years (we visited by other brother on our previous Colorado trip) and we'll have three generations (at least) there. This will be our second trip to Colorado with our 179.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Olddawgsrule

Originally posted by Kup-Pod

Algonquin vs Arrowhead? hmm... I've been to both and, although Arrowhead is a lot smaller, I like it better.  It's not far from the main highway (Hwy 11) and it is near Huntsville which is a great town.  Algonquin is very popular, the park is huge but the campsites are quite open and (like all provincial parks) very busy.  
The nice part of staying in Arrowhead, you can easily take a day trip into Algonquin (45 minutes away) and your Arrowhead pass lets you into all other provincial parks so there's no extra cost.
There are lots of other options as you make your way through... you may want to take Hwy 69 route and check out Killbear, Killarney or Grundy along that route.  Absolutely beautiful parks as well! 

Wow! Now you have me looking deeper into that area. It's just loaded with Provincials' or Conservation Land. 

What's the deal with the conservation land? Is it Queensland? Can you camp on it? 

Well worth checking out... Ontario's provincial parks all follow the same mode; electrical sites, no running water, good comfort stations and a main dumping station.  They are well used, but there are usually some non-reservable sites.  The further north you go, the easier it is to get a site!

As far as conservation areas, those are simply local municipalities "park land".  They are similar to provincial parks but typically not as well funded.   They are usually a result of water conservation measures (dams, reservoirs, rivers, etc).  Most have seasonal camping where people are using their trailer as a "summer cottage" and you might get a few sites that are travel sites... 

Hope that helps
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12