R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUpcoming planned trips! Adventure!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming planned trips! Adventure!!
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 2:16pm
One of the things that keeps 'me' on a site is trips planned and in progress!

It's the off-season for most of us and planning the next adventure.

I know where I'm headed for next season... Do you all? How about sharing destinations? Then we can contact like and talk about how..

I know, another silly thread about camping... 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 2:48pm
Well, this thread bombed.. Moving on.
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 3:10pm
Not necessarily bombed. Traffic here has been a bit slow of late. I have been working on our RPod to get it ready for an anticipated long trip to Alaska. Most likely, we will leave here around mid-May and get back here by the end of June. It will be a lot of miles in a short period, but it will take us through what I anticipate to be some really awesome landscapes.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 6:13pm
planning a couple of weeks in Arrowhead Provincial Park near Huntsville Ontario, beautiful area.  Looking forward to pulling the rpod out of storage in a couple of weeks, do some clean up and a few extra mods and then get a couple of weekend trips in before the summer starts in earnest
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 6:19pm
I've been getting ours ready to leave Monday for a visit to Florida to see my parents and (hopefully) my uncle who has cancer and is pretty bad off. Mom recently had another stroke, so this visit will be good. I'll be able to test things like the new LiFePO4 battery and the recently completed furnace diverter. I'm not sure if I will have a chance to really test the solar project (also just completed) since we will have one night on the road each way and won't be sitting during the day. Once we get there, we have reservations at Happy Days RV Park in Zephyrhills. We have stayed there before and it is nice. Good Sam members get a discount. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Kup-Pod

planning a couple of weeks in Arrowhead Provincial Park near Huntsville Ontario, beautiful area.  Looking forward to pulling the rpod out of storage in a couple of weeks, do some clean up and a few extra mods and then get a couple of weekend trips in before the summer starts in earnest

Well now.. just south west of Algonquin Provincial. It's just that small that it didn't show up until I zoomed way in! I like that!

I drive through that area as we go to my Sisters in SD (I love the run through Canada). I was looking to stay Algonquin next time through. Have you been there as well?
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 9:05am
I'm looking to do some type of a loop from mass, down thru penn(amish country, then gettysburg) down to virginia (check out a few natural caves, landscapes) then cut across to the Manassess area, maybe go past montecello or mt vernon, then head back north. Still in the planning stage for august. Trying to avoid D.C. as we were there 2 years ago. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 12:45pm
Algonquin vs Arrowhead? hmm... I've been to both and, although Arrowhead is a lot smaller, I like it better.  It's not far from the main highway (Hwy 11) and it is near Huntsville which is a great town.  Algonquin is very popular, the park is huge but the campsites are quite open and (like all provincial parks) very busy.  
The nice part of staying in Arrowhead, you can easily take a day trip into Algonquin (45 minutes away) and your Arrowhead pass lets you into all other provincial parks so there's no extra cost.
There are lots of other options as you make your way through... you may want to take Hwy 69 route and check out Killbear, Killarney or Grundy along that route.  Absolutely beautiful parks as well! 
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Kup-Pod

Algonquin vs Arrowhead? hmm... I've been to both and, although Arrowhead is a lot smaller, I like it better.  It's not far from the main highway (Hwy 11) and it is near Huntsville which is a great town.  Algonquin is very popular, the park is huge but the campsites are quite open and (like all provincial parks) very busy.  
The nice part of staying in Arrowhead, you can easily take a day trip into Algonquin (45 minutes away) and your Arrowhead pass lets you into all other provincial parks so there's no extra cost.
There are lots of other options as you make your way through... you may want to take Hwy 69 route and check out Killbear, Killarney or Grundy along that route.  Absolutely beautiful parks as well! 

Wow! Now you have me looking deeper into that area. It's just loaded with Provincials' or Conservation Land. 

What's the deal with the conservation land? Is it Queensland? Can you camp on it? 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 7:22am
Originally posted by mjlrpod

I'm looking to do some type of a loop from mass, down thru penn(amish country, then gettysburg) down to virginia (check out a few natural caves, landscapes) then cut across to the Manassess area, maybe go past montecello or mt vernon, then head back north. Still in the planning stage for august. Trying to avoid D.C. as we were there 2 years ago. 

I came back that way from New Mexico, wanted to see Gettysburg. I guess I just forgot about how much history there is in the region.. As we drove up through I kept saying; "We need to come back here."

Sounds like a great run!
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>