R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAir lifts for storage area

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air lifts for storage area
    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by mdballou

We have a 195 and bought a hatchlift products rv bedlift kit small off Amazon. Works great for us. Mounting placement is critical. With just mattress it lifts up by itself, but with a bed topper and blankets it stays down. Easy one hand operation. Lifts up and stays up and push down stays down. Was about $55. We absolutely love it. Beats the pole we were using too!

Glad to hear that it works so good. I don't know how you mounted them, but my plan is to build a "T". 
I will install two  "T"'s  upside down and screw it to the floor with one or two screws. Then I'll attach the lift arms to the "T". The box under the bed doesn't look strong enough to have the lift arms attached without some type of reinforcement. 

Jeepinator
I’ve not purchased mine yet so I’d love to hear how it goes. 

Are you going to the N.H. RPOD rally in June? [Quote]

I haven't even heard of the rally in N.H. Where and when? I might be interested. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
mdballou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:04pm
I added another board along the inside of the box. If you go with a lift device all the way to the floor it will be too long and you would have to add some type of latching to the lid to hold it shut. Check out some you tube videos. They will be helpful.
Jeepinator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

Originally posted by mdballou

We have a 195 and bought a hatchlift products rv bedlift kit small off Amazon. Works great for us. Mounting placement is critical. With just mattress it lifts up by itself, but with a bed topper and blankets it stays down. Easy one hand operation. Lifts up and stays up and push down stays down. Was about $55. We absolutely love it. Beats the pole we were using too!

Glad to hear that it works so good. I don't know how you mounted them, but my plan is to build a "T". 
I will install two  "T"'s  upside down and screw it to the floor with one or two screws. Then I'll attach the lift arms to the "T". The box under the bed doesn't look strong enough to have the lift arms attached without some type of reinforcement. 
Jeepinator
I’ve not purchased mine yet so I’d love to hear how it goes. 
Are you going to the N.H. RPOD rally in June? [Quote]
I haven't even heard of the rally in N.H. Where and when? I might be interested. 

It’s at Whits End Campground in West Ossipee in early June I believe. We went for the first time last year and it was a lot of fun. I think there is a FB page for N.H. Rpod rally. I’m not on FB though.
2018 Jeep Wrangler Willys
2017 179
Jeepinator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 6:23pm
Regarding NH RPod Rally, if you’re on FB, look for 2020 Nor’Eastern Rpod Rally
2018 Jeep Wrangler Willys
2017 179
frozebubba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:50am
I've used one of these hatchlift kits on my 2016 RP171 with an 8" memory foam replacement mattress and it worked perfectly. I have a single lift strut and the bed "flips" up easily. You might need to deviate from the instructions a little to get it to work properly if I remember correctly. Not near the rpod and can't post a photo until April. Wouldn't be without it.
frozebubba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 8:00am
I used the Queen Standard kit.
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:29pm
So I installed the lift arms. So much better now. What used to need one person to lift, and the other to set the prop rod, now My wife can open it with 1 finger, and it stays open. It is a little harder to close than I prefer, but it's not that bad. It opens so easily, I might install a small catch to keep it from popping open while towing. I would recommend the liftarms to anyone. The install was easy if you have any type of ability (can cut a board to length, and install screws). By the way, I used the short lift kit for my 195. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12