Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Username
    Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:43pm
How does one chance their username?
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 6:41pm
Remind me in a day to see if I can do it.  I've worked 9 3/4 hours today (about to go home) and won't be in the mood tonight.  This time tomorrow I should be on the beach - with our 'pod of course!  I'll be able to check it out then.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 7:07pm
Just got home from first Pod trip, tired, but happy.

And while you are at it, where are you and on what beach, information please. I have been looking for one and just can't make up my mind.
Have a wonderful trip
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 10:57pm
We are in a campground just south of Ocean City, MD.  We were supposed to be in a spot 100 feet from the beach but they screwed up.  Grrr.  Anyway, let me go check on what I can do...
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:01pm

It appears I can change your username, but if I do you'll have to use the new username next time you log in.  Want to give you a heads up before I do.  After I see a response to this post I'll do it.

You wanted escapod?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:43am
We are getting glorious rain at last, and with it powder goes offLOL Had started writting and lost all with the outage.
So, I have had time to think on it and I will keep mountain mist. Sorry for the extra trouble you went to.
On the chock to chock list. The inside checklist is in my head from years of motorhome camping, but the outside has always been done by the husband AND this time I want to learn to do the outside also. And we have never towed, so all new to learn.  I realize that at some time that will be just like the inside list. BUT if some little thing is forgotten inside, the OUTSIDE could be more serious. I am making up a checklist myself. I wonder if it is too much to ask that Forest River do a hook up list for the novice.WinkGuess they just put units together, might not know the steps to using them.

On the leveling. My brother in law made the comment that the leveling was not as critical as it use to be. The husband  is a bit more persise and thought not. We always had the level around, not the time to chuck itStar. Sleeping in a tent is just a matter of putting your head on the uphill end!

Happy camping. Do give us the name of where you are camping so we can check it out. I am stock piling a list of places to try in the Pod.

'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:50am
just picked up your message with your location. Had a long list to look at AND with the power outage I was in middle of doing so.
Name of campground? I will goggle Ocean City,Md campgrounds and see what I come up with. If you find out what  how the campground messed you up on your site, let us know. This way if we go there we can make sure they have their act together! It sounds like THAT would be just the kind of place I want.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 12:33am

Our power is out at home and has been for about 8 hours.  My wife saw a Facebook posting from a neighbor this afternoon so I checked the weather radar and the outage listings from our electric company.  Sure enough, home got pounded (and as I write this is getting pounded even harder) and the electric company shows our area is dark.  Since we aren't home I wouldn't care, BUT, we have an automatic generator that sucks down the LPG and so has been running for 8 hours and maybe many more costing $ while I sit here enjoying the lack of rain in OC.  A loose/win situation.

We are at Castaways, just south of Ocean City about 5 miles.  I think the web site is www.castawaysocmd.com .  The place used to have a different name with different owners for 30 years.  It was rustic and fairly low cost, with a private beach that nobody used but us.  The new owners levelled everything 1 1/2 years ago and rebuilt everything.  Now its a 5 star resort but with a 5 star price.  The beach was packed today, no more almost-private beach (with Assateague Island directly across the water in front of you).  We were supposed to come in September and had one of the beachfront pads reserved but had to reschedule for this week, and when we showed up on Sunday they had us in a different spot far from the beach and right next to the pool and store.  Lots of golf cart and foot traffic, no sitting at the camper within sight of the beach as we expected.  They also didn't tell us when we checked in that there was a burn ban.  I lit the campfire last night and an employee swung by soon after to tell us (and many others that didn't know) that if the sheriff or fire marshall came by we could get a big ticket.  Glad he told us because tonight I saw the sheriff go by soon after I would have had a fire going.  One final problem, when we got to our site it was covered in trash.  Worse condition I've seen a campsite - especially a 5-star resort - in many years.  When we finally got someone to come clean it the first guy started fighting me about it, but the second guy that showed up (the ice cream cart employee!) was very apologetic and picked up a whole box of trash.

Its a very nice place now with all the new buildings, etc.  I do miss the old campground "charm" and lack of crowds.  The issues with the lack of communication, messy site, messed up reservation make it much harder to decide if we want to come back.  Last summer we stayed in a campground north of Ocean City in Fenwick Island, DE.  Not as nice, no private beach, but no crowds.  We have until Sunday to decide.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 9:56am
This is probably nuts to ask but I will do so anyway.
Are you very far from home? We probably (knowing the husband) would return, sans Pod, and take care of house, do some sightseeing (at my insistance!) on way back to Pod.
With our house and power outages(and they are frequent unfortunally, but keeps the hubby busy resetting all the ditigal thingies) nothing is going to be critical. We got home from first outing in Pod last Sat. and everything was blinking. Have had one since when it started raining. Just takes a second, as I said, keeps him busy. BUT nothing comes to harm. I shut down my computer when I leave even though it is protected by surge protector. The kind lady mentioned above, we return the favor when she needs it, but she has her Mother living nearby and someone to come in to look after her cats daily.

Boy, I would be seriously thinking of not going back to THAT campground. Paying 5-star prices and not having it cleaned up AND "attitude" in doing so deems a report on campground personnel, but kudos to the ice cream truck person. Probably understandable on the change of site since you had to change your times coming. But all the negetives seem to be outweighing the positives. I have a hard time with times changing and attidutes with them. Having to deal with someone who acts as if they are doing you a favor to take your money does not cut it more than once with me. Privilege of old ageLOL I will check into it to see what it looks like, I really like to collect campgrounds for just in case. Just joined Passport America, does not sound like a place that would fool with such.

This trip will be one for your journal to grin about later on.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 10:05am
ONE more comment after reading you post again.

Why is it that when things go upscale, the kind of people that come are "privileged" and use people and places like throw aways. We had motorcoaches for years, but our age group learned manners, even those that have the $800,000+ coaches and older have manners. While expecting more because they have more, the majority have had something instilled in them that we are finding less of. To witness, your trashy camp site. NEVER would anyone with any thought of anyone but themselves , leave a campsite like that.   OFF soapboxStar
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>