R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThule Awning Information

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DavMar View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thule Awning Information
    Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:11pm

This information is for Pod owners who have a unit that has the Thule manual crank out awning. Sadly, Thule has a real problem with awning support arms locking mechanism which I and other Pod owners I’ve met that have had with this awning. In the three seasons we have used our Pod we have gone through three awning support arms! The first support arm locking mechanism just came to pieces and since it was under Thule two-year warranty my RV dealer replaced it. To my surprised Thule only sells these support arms in pairs so I ended up with a free extra support arm for a spare, not bad! Now fast forward to the present and two more camping seasons and I’ve now had two more support arm locking mechanisms fail which totals three failed arms! I contacted Thule America and found out to my surprise that the awning and its parts are imported from Thule Europe to Lippert who then sells this awning to Forest River. If you ever have a problem with one of these Thule awnings you need to contact Lippert, www.LCi1.com for warranty issues or parts. I spoke to someone in Lippert warranty department and explained they had a real problem with the defective cheap plastic locking mechanism on the Thule support arms. They in turn asked for information on my camper and photo documentation of the failed arms that I provided for them. The end result is they are now shipping me two new support arms even though my warranty period is past! Now that’s customer service on Lippert’s part and hopefully they can get Thule to make changes to their support arms locks. I guess now I can put away the little C-clamps I bought as an emergency repairs?

Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12