R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeber Q 1000 hookup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weber Q 1000 hookup
    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:24pm
has anyone hooked up a weber q to the low pressure port on the tongue?  I tried this but the grill does not seem to get up to a temp. high enough to cook steaks?  I removed the regular on the stove and purchased a quick release fitting screwed to stove. I have a hose with quick connects to hook stove to low pressure valve.

did i do something wrong or do I need to hook up a high pressure regulator to a t fitting and to the stove?

Id appreciate your comments.
gary
teampitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 7:20pm
You need to modify the Weber by removing the regulator on it. The propane at the low pressure port is already regulated, so as you discovered, with second regulator (on the Weber), there's not enough to use.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention "stove".
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 5:16am
I've seen a couple of forums where folks have had apparently low gas pressure when using the trailer regulator and removing the grill regulator. I'm assuming that the grill works correctly when using the grill regulator and a 1 lb bottle?

It could be that the pressure drop in the line to the grill is too great to be able to run the gas over at low pressure. As a test you can try a shorter line from a regulated cylinder (say using one from a household gas grill) and see if that works. 

You can also try installing a tee in the high pressure side of the rpod propane system and place the regulator at the grill, that's what most ppl do. 

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 8:12am
What teampitt said is accurate. You need to remove the regulator from the webber grill and then put a quick disconnect fitting into where the regulator was. Then when you hook it to the propane connector on the pod, it should work. *Remember* once you remove the regulator from the grill, you cannot use it with any other source of fuel, unless you install a regulator.  I hate to mention this, but, you're sure the valve on the pods propane line is fully open right? Not the shut off ontop of the tank, the small valve located right at the connector point. Thats all I can think of.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 2:41pm
I believe garyd said he did remove the grill regulator but I could be wrong,
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply