Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNiagra Falls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Niagra Falls
    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 1:26pm
Hey all. I'm going to Niagra Falls and i'm just wondering if there are any "you gotta do this" attractions. I bought the niagra parks plus pass, anything anyone can add?  Thanks
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 3:37pm
The NY side is more park like.  The Canada side is more tourist trap (Ripleys believe it or Not, Guiness worlds Records, Restaurant above a space needle like structure etc etc. ).  You can get a better view of both falls from the Canada side.  Recommend if you have passports to do both sides.  You can walk over the bridge to Canada and see everything walking around.  No need to drive into Canada and it is usually is faster through customs by walking. Two must do's are the maid of the mist boat ride (leaves from either NY or canada sides).  Goes close to the bottom of the falls so you get to wear a poncho if you want to stay dry.  Our favorite is the Cave of the Winds tour that lets you walk down to American Falls.  You will get wet and wear raincoats.  On Canada side they have the Journey behind the falls but we never did that.  Further down on the Canada side is a zip line over the waterway (not the falls) and a bucket ride (again over the water not the falls).  enjoy it is a fun visit
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:32am
Thanks Rich, I will check it all out. I have tickets to the walk behind the falls, so i'll letcha know if its at all worth it, or just a walk behind your your wallet.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:52pm
My first big trip in my 172 was five weeks from late may until the first of July, from Florida to Maine by way of Kentucky).  it included Niagara Falls (Canadian side, as I had hear exactly the opposite about touristy-tacky).  Anyway...super-touristy but really great and totally worth doing.  The walk behind the falls thing in Canada is spectacular.  I also did the little boat ride and a walk along the whitewater.  All just great!  
Julie
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
If you're coming over to the Canadian side, be sure to travel the Niagara Parkway north of the falls.  The scenery is great and you are quickly out of the "touristy" area.  It ends at Niagara-on-the-lake where the Niagara River flows into Lake Ontario.  This is a nice little town with (expensive) shops and great scenery with a lot of War of 1812 type attractions
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
 Post Reply Post Reply