R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSansui Television

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sansui Television
    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:42pm
I cant get our television to work. It comes on & we've went thru all of the setups many times. Always starts with "Run Auto Channel Search". Doesn't find any channels. We hooked up to Cable in a RV park but no success. Is there an external switch somewhere to switch from Cable to Antenna?
Don L Welch
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 8:20pm
It is possible that something was not hooked up correctly, but first things first. I have not tried cable, but from my understanding, if you are connected to the cable input on the side of the RPod, you should not turn the antenna booster on. Check to make sure it is off. If there is a red light showing, it is on.
On the television, did you check to see that the source was set to scan cable channels or is it set to scan antenna channels? Double-check the input source on the television.

Also, it is possible that the cable is not working. Just because you have a wire connected does not mean that the wire is live with a signal. I'm not sure how you would verify that though.

Hopefully, someone else can provide more input. Those are the basics though.

Also, welcome!
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:58pm
Check the input source.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
mdballou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:06am
There are 2 coaxial connection on the wall to the left of the TV. 1 is the antenna, other goes to the outside of the camper. TV has only 1 connection. Switch the connection on the wall.
MT19RANGER View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 3:39pm
My over the air channels stopped working after one weekend of use too.  It programmed just fine w/ the booster on and found all the channels in the area, now it won't find a single one.  I've tried another antenna too that works from another television in the shop and it still no longer finds channels.  My HDMI input works great I've got a splitter going to my Dish and Roku so I'm using them for now.  I figure it's just the cheap <$150 television tuner that don't work and I'll take back to the dealer (4+ hours away here in Montana) and have them warranty it prior to the 1 year is up and if I find any other issues they can warranty them too.    
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by MT19RANGER

My over the air channels stopped working after one weekend of use too.  It programmed just fine w/ the booster on and found all the channels in the area, now it won't find a single one.  I've tried another antenna too that works from another television in the shop and it still no longer finds channels.  My HDMI input works great I've got a splitter going to my Dish and Roku so I'm using them for now.  I figure it's just the cheap <$150 television tuner that don't work and I'll take back to the dealer (4+ hours away here in Montana) and have them warranty it prior to the 1 year is up and if I find any other issues they can warranty them too.    
The antenna amplifier might be your issue.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
MT19RANGER View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:39am
I did connect the RV TV to another antenna that is able to receive signals in a shop from another TV set up and it still couldn't find channels.  I'll bring another flat screen TV into the RV and troubleshoot to see if it's the booster or the TV HD OTA tuner.  
 Post Reply Post Reply