FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:36pm
We are Barbara and Rudy Jaquez.

I, Barbara, Am purchasing a 2013 R POD RP177 in excellent, near mint condition. I want to buy a canopy or awning. The Keder Rail 5/8 inch inside, 3/4 out side. So, I assume it is the 14 mm. Advice needed. Is there another more affordable product than this https://pahaquecustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=38

And, any ideas for tailer covers?

Thanks so much. Glad to be part of the group.
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
I have a Paraque visor which works for me. The Pro Comp covers for Pods are the right way to go.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:15pm
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 8:21am
Welcome to the forum.
We use the r dome many times a year and find it wonderful .  We will put it up if we are staying 2 or more nights. It is particularly good in bad weather as it almost doubles the living space and can add a lot of privacy in a crowded campground.
We also made our own 10x12 simple awning that rides in the same keder rail.  We will use this as a quick shade area for an overnight or longer.
We have used the Classic Accessories cover on our 179 for a couple of years with no problems.  It fits well and seems to be well made.
the forum will be a great source of information.
Safe travels
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 9:01am
Welcome and congratulations! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories in the process.

As for awnings, you could look on Amazon for the keder strip that fits your track and make an awning, purchase a Pahaque Visor, or look for an R-Dome. The first is the least expensive option. Then, if you have an Aldi near you, see if they have any of the pop up gazebos left that were in stores recently. $99 for one of them is extremely reasonable for a Clam type pop-up screen room. They are very easy and fast to set up and take down and when properly staked, can stand up to light to moderate winds. I wouldn't recommend leaving any awning/shelter/R-Dome set up in high winds.

You can see one awning I made in my mods (see link in signature). I was able to get a Thule awning installed when our R-Pod had to go to the factory for repair after an accident, so I don't use it now. I use the same fabric for a slide-out cover which also has pictures in my mods.

I second the Classic Accessories cover with one caveat: Make sure any sharp edges (Keder rail, Antenna, etc. are covered with some padding do avoid snagging and tearing the cover. Sections of pool noodle held on with small bungee cords work great for the bat wing antenna if you have that. Other sections of pool noodle for the rain spouts on the slide-out's keder rail/rain gutter work there. The ends of the keder rail are a bit harder since you can't strap on a piece of pool noodle, but the ends still need to be covered.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 9:43pm
Welcome to the forum.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
 Post Reply Post Reply