Topic ClosedToured a Tab 400

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
podwerkz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toured a Tab 400
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:41pm
I would not call it 'roomy' but with a couple of us standing inside, it was not bad...not cramped at all. Several large windows and a few smaller ones give it an 'open' feel.

About the same amount of interior room as my 171, but with lots more (lighted) storage cubbies everywhere. 

We got to talking about the axle, I asked him what brand it was, no way to tell by looking underneath, the axle tube passes thru the enclosed under-belly. I'd be curious about it with all the axle issues mentioned on this forum.

Printed plain as day on the weight sticker, the axle rating was 3900 pounds.

He had a bluetooth brake controller...which I had never seen before. I looked them up and they are pricey and get mixed reviews. I'll stick with hard-wired brakes!

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:06pm
I heard those are very nice, but how was the interior space? The slide on our 179 sold my wife on the rpod, so the TAB floorplan seems like it would be a bit too cramped.

I think you can get a larger absorption fridge in them as an option, and the ac is much quieter but not particularly more efficient than our roof mount electricity hogs.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Wow this thing was nice!

A friend of mine recently bought a new Tab 400, Boondock Lite Edition. I have to say it is one very nice trailer!

Alde heating, 3900 pound torsion axle, 12v compressor fridge, built in solar power, mood-lighting, huge star-gazer window over the bed, froli sleep system, high quality materials everywhere, no wood at all in the outer shell, pop-out windows, enclosed tanks, very good departure angle, folding sink in the wet-bath, interior reminds me of an expensive yacht. (not that I've spent any time in expensive yachts!) The A/C unit is built-in to the side, not mounted on the roof. 

Even the floor felt nice to walk on, firm but soft and tactile, if that makes any sense at all.

Amish built and very pricey, in fact it cost more than twice what I paid for my r-pod 171.

No power tongue jack tho....which seemed odd.

I will be camping with this group in New Mexico soon, so I will see it in action!

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12