R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Axle falls off R-Pod - Forest River - "Drop Dead"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Axle falls off R-Pod - Forest River - "Drop Dead"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Happy Tripping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axle falls off R-Pod - Forest River - "Drop Dead"
    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 2:53pm
I need to ventilate. 

I am thankful to be alive. 

I am thankful that the axle repair to get me back travelling was under $400.

I am thankful that the only damage resulting from the axle falling off my R-Pod was a few screws pulling out of the fender and a little scraping on the Keder rail.

The frustrating thing is that Forest River refuses to consider that the cause of the axle falling off could possibly be anything other than improper maintenance of the hanger bolts.  I have told them the L-shaped metal plate broke off between the weld and the bolts - Doesn't matter. Then, I have pictures showing the bolts rusted in, immobile - Doesn't matter.

"As, previously stated, you are more than welcome to send those photos to me if you wish but Forest River will not be contributing toward any repairs."

Their only concern is to make sure they aren't asked to pay for repairs - which I haven't done, anyway. 

Thanks for listening, I feel better now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12