R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Axle falls off R-Pod - Forest River - "Drop Dead"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Axle falls off R-Pod - Forest River - "Drop Dead"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SMK View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SMK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axle falls off R-Pod - Forest River - "Drop Dead"
    Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 5:19pm
My dealer advised me that Forest River issued a recall that applied to our model of R-pod, a 2019 model 189.  The recall was to reinforce the hangers for the black tank drain pipe.  It was a simple "while I waited" fix.
2019 R-Pod 189
2017 Honda Ridgeline
BMW Z3 (never used for towing)
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:25am
Which model R-Pod?  How old?  Pictures?  That info might help the rest of us avoid this outcome, as we could inspect our Pods.

Thanks.
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
Hardwear Hank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hardwear Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 9:45am
NHTSA need a cluster of similar complaints to take action. So even if you don't get results, you will be assisting others if this develops into a common problem.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:25am
Also, if you have not done so, file a report with the NHTSA about this. That also might get some attention.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
rpod190 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpod190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:02am
Please send some pics, I have already had problems with my rpod 190, not in the axle but the black tank hanger. I suspect this hanger that broke allowing my black tank pipe to fall to the ground is the same tank strap they are using to hold the axle, It is cheap and no more than 18#. They double duty the straps as they tie the aluminum fram above to things below. The metal is cheap and rusts easy as you can tell by looking under your camper. Mine is 2 yrs old lives under a car port and looks 10 years old because the metal is poor quality in my opinion.

If this is the case, we owners had better come up with a fix we can implement or get a recall out there they will pay for, but the first step is photos from everyone if the area of concern.
Get your pics out there, I will get mine today and check on this.

ps- they would not help with the strap problem that holds the black tank pip. That pipe holds 5 gals of water. Thats 40+ pounds if you dont drain before you travel and we all know how the camper bounces with the axle design so check your straps there also. That cost me gate values and my own fix.
Wynnster
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:15am
Scary and frustrating both. And it sounds like you might still Have some remaining uncertainly about whether or not the axle itself got damaged

How about maybe sharing the photos on the forum? Someone might be able to make some suggestions how to approach this and/or know what to look for to avoid having the same problem.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Happy Tripping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 7:49pm
Oooh, hold on for a moment.

To me the big concern is some other poor person getting into a BIG accident. I am very fortunate, the money, while always important to a retiree, isn't the issue. Being somewhat old fashioned, I just assume that if Forest River sees that they are responsible for a problem, whatever it is, they will just automatically volunteer to make it good.

Then I look at prior topics on this forum where Forest River is involved and my confidence that F.R. will do the right thing gets shaken. Shaken but not to the point where I think they don't care about this sort of issue and will just ignore it (At least, not yet). The sensible thing would be for F.R. to ask me for the photos to see if they are in any way responsible for the problem. 

So, thanks for the moral support. 

My frustration at their poor response is the reason for this ventilation.
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 6:00pm
One question how old is the pod.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 5:10pm
  Isn't there a lawyer on this forum that could give some advice.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

podwerkz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote podwerkz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 3:02pm
I think I would file a small claims court case against them...That might get their attention. 

Settling would be a LOT cheaper compared to sending a representative and defending the case.

I am NOT a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.

Cool
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>