R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Texas R-Pod Rally - Sept 26-29, 2019 - Lindale, TX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTexas R-Pod Rally - Sept 26-29, 2019 - Lindale, TX - Event Date: 26 Sep 2019 - 29 Sep 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Texas R-Pod Rally - Sept 26-29, 2019 - Lindale, TX
    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:49pm
Just a comment - I spent 20 years at Fort Hood, I think that close to Tyler, greatest memories in my life, beautiful area of country and not near Dallas and Houston. I also served at Yuma, I roamed, primitive camped and hunted from Yuma to Quartzite, to Wickenburg to Gila Bend. That desert is amazing. One of the few places I could hang out in a Saguaro "forest", come across graves and turquoise mines. Not see another person for days. +1 to Bum on this issue. If the rally isn't for you start your own. I have been to numerous rally's and kids were there, , never brought mine, we're all to old:)
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by mcarter

Just a comment - I spent 20 years at Fort Hood, I think that close to Tyler, greatest memories in my life, beautiful area of country and not near Dallas and Houston. I also served at Yuma, I roamed, primitive camped and hunted from Yuma to Quartzite, to Wickenburg to Gila Bend. That desert is amazing. One of the few places I could hang out in a Saguaro "forest", come across graves and turquoise mines. Not see another person for days. +1 to Bum on this issue. If the rally isn't for you start your own. I have been to numerous rally's and kids were there, , never brought mine, we're all to old:)

+1 Every part of North America has qualities worthy of a visit. There is always more to see and do, and interesting people to meet. And everyone has a different experience they want to get from camping. If we all wanted to go to the same places and experience the same things those places would be uninhabitable. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by offgrid

I'm sure Quartzite is fine, just not the best scenery the Sonoran Desert has to offer the winter/spring visitor. 

I dunno man....we camp about 500 feet from the Magic Circle: 75 acres of Federal Land set aside as clothing optional.

Scenery? Yep. Best scenery? Well it depends on your expectations.

Wink

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:12pm
Clothing optional is not the kind of scenery I was thinking about. Tongue
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:37pm
Texas does actually have scenery. Big Bend has some pretty impressive mountains and the Hill Country is nice too. There's also the Davis Mountains, which I'd like to visit sometime to check out the astronomical observatory there.

East Texas has lots of pine forest area.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:48pm
You left out Palo Duro Canyon and Caprock Canyons up here in the Panhandle. Plus there is Lake Meredith (free!) and Buffalo Springs Lake. Lake MacKenzie, White River Lake, Lake Allan Henry are a few others. 

All of these are in scenic areas, and Caprock Canyons has a large Bison herd that roams the park.

Occasionally they will meander right thru your campsite. THAT will get your attention!

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
beardman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:22pm
I can't wait to attend this. We just got our R-Pod and we're still planning trip so, we're all booked, but I'm hoping next year will be a good fit.
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by beardman

I can't wait to attend this. We just got our R-Pod and we're still planning trip so, we're all booked, but I'm hoping next year will be a good fit.

Are you in the Facebook R-Pod Owners group? If so, please let my DW (Donna Somers) know your site number so she can update the attendees list. If not, let me know and I can relay it to her.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12