Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPet peeves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pet peeves
    Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:45am
If the person who designed the RPOD only spent a night then having to raise the bed to access the heater would not be a problem since you only need to access it twice a year.  So it is not worth the extra cost to have easy access. Putting the heater anywhere but under the bed would take up much needed space.  In our Passport it is under the sink and takes up half of a cabinet.  Not a problem for use since we have too much cabinet space anyway.  If you search this board someone cut a hole in the outside wall and put in an access door.  Problem solved!
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:07am
I guess the biggest, most silly thing i know of is.............................. (drum roll)  Why the hell the fresh water drain plug, is NOT at the lowest point on the fresh water tank. It seems like an admission they don't care. 

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:22am
Originally posted by mjlrpod

I guess the biggest, most silly thing i know of is.............................. (drum roll)  Why the hell the fresh water drain plug, is NOT at the lowest point on the fresh water tank. It seems like an admission they don't care. 
Only if they knew.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:00am
All in all, a pretty nice, durable little trailer.........I am sure some of the Connestoga wagons back in the day had their issues!LOL
Swampfox
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:51am
Mine is factory marked: fresh water drain, and fresh water drain low point.  They knew.
Julie
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:40pm
177   2012  The head banger entertainment  centre over the bed...  I hear they have moved it in the newer model  177's... but still  to have put it there in the first place... !!!
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by mjlrpod

Yeah, I plugged that one with a threaded plug and moved the drain point over to the cold water suction line: I added a 'T' fitting, one side goes to the factory suction line, the other to a threaded plug. (the picture shows a short pipe nipple and cap, but I changed it to a simple threaded plug when I bought one later on)

Of course, it's a little harder to get to now, since it is in the middle, but it is now at the very lowest point of the tank, and yet not as vulnerable to damage. The factory drain point was a short section of semi-rigid pipe that was likely to get broken if anything like road debris etc, hit it.

I also added pipe insulation after the picture was taken. 

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 5:30pm
When we picked up our brand new 177 back in March 2011 the first and foremost issue was the awful mattress, after 3 attempts, nights, trying to sleep on it, I put up the white flag and purchased a Eurotop mattress.  Now 8 plus years later, just as comfortable and firm as the day we first got it.

Right up there, I think it is a tie for 1st place, was the poor engineering of the rubber flaps underneath the slide.  We live in mosquito, black fly, gnat territory in northern Michigan.  Our first ccouple attempts at camping in the UP of Michigan was a disaster - I would be up all night swatting full-blooded mosquitoes (mine) and by morning, it looked like a massacre with blood all over the walls and ceiling, my wife was NOT happy, neither was I.  Firgured out after the second night that the little blood sucker came in under the slide where there was a good 3/4 " gap between the rubber and the metal slide.  So I took off my undershirt, stuffed it in the "hole" and prayed to see good results, which I did.  Now, 8 plus years later I still use that old t-shirt to stuff the opening closed and NO MORE MOSQUITOES, BLACK FLIES, or GNATS nipping my blood during the night.  Yahoo!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
crankster78 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:26am
Greetings:
Everything is built to a price point If you want super deluxe, spend 60K on a Airstream.  The cabin has a limited amount of space to install things.  I've owned 2 Pods, they have served me well.  The mattress is a piece of crap, I travel by myself, so I put in a twin innerspring.  Very comfortable.  I cut the board under the mattress to make it easier to access the water heater.  They are not perfect, but do the job.  

Crankster78  2015 R-179

Crankster 78 R-179 2015
Motor7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 3:23pm
Mine is not properly reinforcing the floor of the shower pan.....Luan and Styrofoam ain't gonna cut it.
2016 R-Pod 176T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12