R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRefer issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refer issues
    Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:48pm
hello and happy spring. I started a post a year or so ago and am still looking for some assistance with a refer problem. I have a 182g, 2012. The refer is a 3 way. Here is the problem: when running on propane, the refer will not hold a constant temperature throughout the day. As the day heats up, so does the refer. This does not happen on 120v and I don’t run it on battery because it drains them too fast.
I have tried the following: new propane tank. Regulator checked and OK. Gas lines flow appropriately. Cleaned burner assembly and have good flame. Flue is free from obstruction. Thermoster works. Gaskets are tight on the door. 
Had three dealers look at it and am told nothing is wrong. (I even tipped it upside down for a day then put it back in service, no luck).
Domestic tells me that it might be the ‘lower control board’ but they are unwilling to commit to that being the problem. A replacement board runs around 440.00. No guarantees and since it is electronic, I cannot return it if it doesn’t solve the problem. (I understand that and respect that since it is electronics).
Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks 
Ron
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:39am
Have you seen this thread? There might be one or two things in there you haven't tried yet...

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:05am
I have noticed with mine the if it is a hot day, and the sun is out and shining on the refer side of the trailer, and no breeze,  the refer has a hard time keeping up.  I am talking 100 temp.  Shade or a breeze makes it all work.
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:07am
As usual for repairing things in our throw away society, the manufacturers price replacement parts such that it's cheaper to by a new one and throw away the old.  This is not good for Mother Nature nor we humans.  By the time you pay $450 for a board and the labor to install it, you've exceeded the cost of getting a new fridge.  Installation is simple and can be done in less than an hour yourself.  In the car crash business such a repair would be considered a total loss.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply