R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarolina’s Pod Rally - September 20-23, 2019 - Event Date: 20 Sep 2019 - 23 Sep 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Carolina’s Pod Rally - September 20-23, 2019
    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:04am
Sorry Everyone   somehow my notifications were not notifying me đŸ˜•.   Since I switched to a different phone carrier things have been frustrating with the switch.   However, as far as a itinerary, we will have our Podluck dinner Saturday 9/21 at Punic Shelter # 2. We will be supplying hamburgers, also I will be doing shredded bbq chicken. Please let us know what you will bring: main dish, side dish or desert (and what it is).    Time is TBA.

As far as set activities go, We are thinking of a movie night as we have a projector & screen. There is lots to do in the park: trails , swim, kayak / canoe (if you have them to bring you will want to bring them) or just enjoy all our fellow podders!     If you have any questions please don’t be afraid to ask!    

If you have any questions you can text me (just in case I don’t get notified - as I will try to figure that out).. my cell is 440-382-4171. If you do send a text, just let me know who you are!
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:10am
Donnie & Tina, did y’all change camp sites or are y’all unable to attend? I saw that site 9 is now open...just checking.
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
metaldpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:53am
Stephen, thanks for the info, I think we will just do the interstates like you suggested, I think she will be fine with them.  
David and Vicki Snyder, 2015 R179, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 8:52am
David & Vicki as far as food to bring for the Podluck it seems most are bringing sides, so if you want to make or pick up a desert item or a main dish.
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:20pm
Joe & Helen, I saw campsite #3 is now open- just wondering if something came up or you moved spots?
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
metaldpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:51pm
Just a quick question to anyone who has camped in this park before.  We like to have the local news on the tv  with our morning coffee and due to this we bring a different antenna with us which does a much better job at acquiring stations.  Are there stations available in the area or should we just leave the antenna home?  
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by metaldpod

Just a quick question to anyone who has camped in this park before.  We like to have the local news on the tv  with our morning coffee and due to this we bring a different antenna with us which does a much better job at acquiring stations.  Are there stations available in the area or should we just leave the antenna home?  
Most of the stations you might get there will be in Greenville. You can enter an address here: https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps

Put in an address and get an approximation of what channels you might get and what direction they are in.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:34am
Dave & Vicki - I honestly can’t remember if we picked any stations up or not. However a lot of the main local stations just changed frequencies as of yesterday 9/6.   Where the park is you might pick up some Georgia stations and some South Carolina stations, but with the frequency changes, there is no telling right now.   
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:49am
Y’all we are 2... yes 2 weeks away from the rally!! All the blue dots are where fellow Podders are. If I missed your spot I’m sorry... please let me know where your at!   Podluck will be on Saturday 9/21 at Shelter #2. We have the shelter the whole day and must be wrapped up by sunset. So we will start setting food up around 4:45 and plan to start feasting at 5pm.   We will have a raffle during the Podluck as well as get a group photo!    

If you have any questions please let me know. Roman (DH) said we will he showing the movie RV...it will be Friday night at site 56/57 (Chris Christopher Regan’s) as it’s a double site and will allow enough room.   Bring your chairs & movie snacks. I am thinking we’ll start just about 7ish as the sun should be going down close to that.   We have a screen & projector to show it on.
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
metaldpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:46am
JayRom, just curious on the map, is this on the facebook group?  I am not a member but would be interested in seeing it if possible.  Also, what does the group go by on facebook in case I decide to join?    thanks  -  dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>