R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMany Issues with 2019 R-pod 180 - Event Date: 01 Jan 2019 - 14 Mar 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Many Issues with 2019 R-pod 180
    Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
Exactly! 
wvanauken View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Smile Glad to be of some help.
wvanauken View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:31am
LOL
wvanauken View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 7:50pm
Good news. I contacted Forest River about all the issues I've had with my new R-pod. As a good faith gesture, they offered to make two payments on my trailer loan. This goes a long way in taking some of the sting away. 
Eluv201 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:59pm
I have a silly question are we still talking about our pods or is this RV in general? Was this in An Forrest River plant? If so which plant? I’m having serious issues with my our pod and it is a 2018 190 brand spanking new not even one month we had it and we have leaks everywhere. Not to mention other little things that we found. Thank you!
I was blind but now I see
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 7:15pm
Check with the dealer where you bought it an push them to fix things.  Call FR's r-Pod plant where your trailer was made, in Sheridan, OR, or Goshen, IN.  The contact data is on their web site.  If they are unwilling or unable to fix the issues, check your state's lemon laws to see if they apply to travel trailers.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 8:47pm
My posts about visitng an RV factory was NOT RPOD and not even another Forest River product.  However I feel they are pertinent posts because I was told that all RVs are built the same way.  Several people who were on the tour with us had been to about 3-4 other factory tours and told us they all did it the same way.  They were not able determine who is the better manufacturer simply by going on a tour and seeing them being built. Lastly since all the factories are within a couple of miles from each other in Elkhardt IN, there is frequent movement of employees.  So it is possible that someone who built my RPOD in 2017 built my Passport in 2018! I am sorry to hear about your problems with leaks in a brand new trailer.  A good dealer is CRITICAL to purchasing any RV.  It is not a car which you can take to any dealer and get warranty service.  A dealer should have checked for leaks.  Plumbing leaks are common due to faulty connections.  Leaks from rain are less common and should be checked and fixed by the dealer.  Technically leaks are not covered under warranty since there are many places where joints can get exposed and leak.  However for a new RV people have posted here that FR did cover repairs on new units that obviously had build defects
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
Eluv201 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:52am
Dealers are working on the issues. They’ve been really apologetic. I’m at the right dealer. I just can’t understand why so many issues and I haven’t had it for a month. It’s new out of the factory. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks
Eluv201 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:55am
Thanks for clearing that up. I hope Forrest River is not like that. I heard they’re the best in the business, they stand the test, and how other makers copy them. All I know is that we’ve had nothing but issues
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Eluv201

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope Forrest River is not like that. I heard they’re the best in the business, they stand the test, and how other makers copy them. All I know is that we’ve had nothing but issues

I am not sure who told you FR was "The best in the business" but it takes mere moments to know that isn't true. However, They are by far not the worst.

And as the R-Pod goes, it is the best available, for it's features and size, at it's price point. But, those are all separate purchase/design/feature points. When you start deciding on which features are most important to YOU, any particular RV may or may not be "right for you".

TT's and RV's all have issues. It's a house, that goes 70mph. All RV's regardless of brand will have some issues, both when new, as delivered, and over time. 99% of the time, if a new owner is unhappy, it's the dealers fault.

"it's better to have a great DEALER, rather than a great CAMPER... ONE can be fixed"

I have worked on, repaired, and modded, a lot of TT's over the years. All of them had issues.

If you want to stay pretty close to the size of an R-pod, but want to see the best constructed, full featured TT, look at an Oliver Legacy Elite or Elite II. BUT.. that's looking at only one part of the decision process. For most people, the price point and often the wait for it to be built, is a show stopper. For us.. well.. we don't dig the sterile interior at all. But they are very very solidly built, by a small factory that hires good people and pays them well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>