Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IrishDream View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Brake Controller Question
    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 11:37am
Soon-To-Be New Rpod Owner-

New to the travel trailering world, although Ive been trailering a Coleman pop-up camper a couple times a year for the past 5 years using my 2005 GMC SLT RWD/AWD equipped with a 7-wire trailer towing harness.   

My GMC Envoy does not have a brake controller installed at this time:  However, based upon what I’m now reading, not only does it look like I should have been trailering my Coleman using a brake controller in the past; it definitely looks like I will need one to trailer our new Rpod.

Picking up our new Rpod 179 next month from the dealership, which plans to install a Blu Ox Sway Pro weight distributing hitch for our 2005 GMC SLT.  

Can I have a brake controller installed at the RV dealership, or will I need to have one installed ahead of time at the GMC dealership?  My sense is that the Rpod dealership probably assumesnmy GMC is already equipped with a brake controller because it knows I’ve been trailering the Coleman pop-up for some time.

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge, but I’ve already found this Owners Forum to be of great assistance, and I look forward to participating meaningfully myself at some point in the near future.

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks much,
Jack Kelly

2019 1/2 10th Anniversary Rpod 179
2005 GMC Envoy SLT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12