R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Pod 195 sneak peak teaser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 195 sneak peak teaser
    Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:15am
Just a teaser photo, once I have more to release I'll be sure to add others to this post.  This is the new 195 kitchen area in the back.

Approximate stats just informally but length is a little over 22', weight will be under 3500#, it is wider but not the full 8' fully enclosing the fenders, that is the big full freezer fridge you see in the larger Forest River models 6 cubic feet IIRC. What else, uhm the prototype is done, but I imagine some tweaks and changes here and there are still underway. Production runs are supposed to start in April, and some Dealers are already pre-ordering these. If it's not mentioned here then I either don't have or cannot release additional information, as soon as I am allowed to post more I will.

Billy Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:38am
very nice!!!  looking forward to seeing more...love the larger fridge freezer and putting the oven below the stove makes sense.
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:53am
This could almost get me out of my 172. I would need to see it but it looks like better storage, much better fridge/freezer but will probably still not be quite cold enough in the heat of summer. Wonder what the door on the right is. It's not high enough to be a walk in, and the F.R. floorplan says it is a pantry if i'm reading it right. Hopefully the dome option lives on.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:13am
I'm thinking the photo was taken from the bathroom?  and that door with handle would be the bathroom door?
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
Motor7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:36am
I wonder if FR is considering a Hybrid in this model....like a "supersized" 176T? We love our 176T, but one on the larger footprint would be outstanding. 
2016 R-Pod 176T
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Billy Bob

I'm thinking the photo was taken from the bathroom?  and that door with handle would be the bathroom door?
I would guess the photo was taken from the dinette area, in the bump out. I guess the pantry must have a door on it, which, would make it better so that you can leave it stocked while driving without everything falling out. If you look the door is to low to be the bathroom, and, the bathroom is supposed to be on the other side, the left side of the pod if you were in the front looking back
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
I'll be rpodding
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:32pm
I like what I see so far. I would hope that there is some more counter space than what is visible in the picture. I suspect so since it looks like the slide-out is in which would be blocking the view. The overhead cabinets and vent hood will really be welcome additions.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by StephenH

I like what I see so far. I would hope that there is some more counter space than what is visible in the picture. I suspect so since it looks like the slide-out is in which would be blocking the view. The overhead cabinets and vent hood will really be welcome additions.

Stephen, thats all the counter space you get. The floor plan is on the forest river site. The sink cooktop are the rear wall. The right wall (from inside standing in front looking back to the sink) is the bump out dinette, 179 style. The left side is the dry bath. and the front is a 60 x 74 queen bed, with room on each side to get in and out without the climb over. I really can't wait to see it. I'll probably wait out the first few builds before thinking about whether i really want to buy. this will probably add an extra 800 - 1000 pounds over my 172. So it will probably weigh around 3000 - 3200.  I think the frontier will handle it with ease though. I think it could pull up to 4800 before it starts to get iffy. 
btw, i hope theres storage under the bed and dinette. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
I'll be rpodding
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:00pm
Lots of things I am seeing. First, the photo is of the back wall, which appears flat with no curve (more No-Bo like than a Pod). The larger fridge is nice, but will be only two-way power, so you lose the battery option when traveling. Next, I am pretty sure that is the heater underneath the convection/microwave, so the exhaust would likely be out of the back of the Pod. Not sure you could then put a spare on the back if the heater exhaust is in the same general vicinity, not to mention bikes. The back of the Pod is also going to have the hood vent along with fridge vents. There's a bunch going on out the back. Curious where the spare will go. Can't see a hitch for bikes on the back with all this going on. We'll see. 
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm
The refrigerator vent could possibly be roof mounted. That would make more sense if indeed the back is more squared off. As for the battery operation, I never use that anyway so I would not miss it in the least.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>