Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMisc Banter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misc Banter
    Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:25pm
GlueGuy, if you move to NV, move to Lyon County.  I'm thinking of running for county commissioner and I need all the votes I can get.  My platform:  pragmatism, common sense, and everyone be nice to each other.  Uh oh, I hope soliciting votes isn't too political. Ermm

There are more and more people from California arriving every day.  Reno is turning into the new Silicon Valley.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by lostagain

GlueGuy, if you move to NV, move to Lyon County.  I'm thinking of running for county commissioner and I need all the votes I can get.  My platform:  pragmatism, common sense, and everyone be nice to each other.  Uh oh, I hope soliciting votes isn't too political. Ermm
There are more and more people from California arriving every day.  Reno is turning into the new Silicon Valley.

I think we can turn a "blind eye" to this political transgression....with the understanding that you owe me..."favors"...or perhaps we should say you recognize my vast untapped talents. I think I would make a very good county Emergency Mgmt. Director - with a salary that would reflect your "appreciation".   

Actually, I have been an elected county commissioner (elected 1996), here in my home county. I wish you luck but, it is another one of those positions with little thanks.

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:17pm
If and when I announce my candidacy, we can consider a) starting a new thread and, b) granting a special one time exemption to the political discussion rule, if I promise to be vague, verbose, circumspect, never actually answer a question (especially yes or no) and pass out patronage jobs to those who make appropriate donations to my campaign. Cool

Until then, we can leave well enough alone.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:33pm

Since (1) I'm not planning to move to Nevada, and (2) I suspect Lostagain is not really running for governor, I'm going to suggest that this was not so much a political discussion, but my way of not so simply saying "+1" to what Lostagain posted.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:38pm
Hey GlueGuy, I was talking about county commissioner, an office of untold power and potential riches.  Evil Smile
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm

Guys - I went ahead and created a new topic and moved the posts. The longer/more post, the more work it is. I have to create the topic and move posts one at a time, when pulling them from an existing thread.

Thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm

If and when I announce my candidacy, we can consider a) starting a new thread and, b) granting a special one time exemption to the political discussion rule, if I promise to be vague, verbose, circumspect, never actually answer a question (especially yes or no) and pass out patronage jobs to those who make appropriate donations to my campaign. Cool
Until then, we can leave well enough alone.

Well, I'm thinking we could come to a "meeting of the minds" regarding using the forum as a platform to advance your aspirations in the good governance of the citizens of that State/county you live in. (we/anyone certainly couldn't call THAT "politics") This, of course, assuming you pursue this.

It's never too early to start thinking about those key appointed director positions - especially the high paying ones. You are a smart man and understand that to attract and retain us top tier persons, takes top tier money. However, like you say, it's early so, I won't make any immediate relocation plans.

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:19pm
My platform is a chicken in every pot and pie in the sky by 'n by.  Remember my county is one of a hand full in NV that respects and permits a very old profession.  We just had a vote here to turn off the red lights and it lost by 80%.  We're still part of the old mining days of Mark Twain.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply