FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHumans - Chapter II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humans - Chapter II
    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:03pm

Could these "people" who behave poorly actually be ET aliens that look like humans and are carrying out a sinister plot against humanity? Or, could it be that they are using their advanced technologies and capabilities to control the actions of susceptible humans?

https://www.wthr.com/article/database-shows-dozens-ufo-sightings-kokomo

A trip to Roswell, NM (along with Area 51, the ET Highway, etc.) has been on my "to do" list for some time. Perhaps I should make concrete plans to follow through, for further investigation.   

http://www.littlealeinn.com/

jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:58pm
Having traveled to a few countries around the world I have to conclude that unless there are some kind of decency laws enacted, people tend to be slobs.  As a Jesus follower I answer to a higher authority and know that I am a steward of His creation, so we tend to recycle as much as possible and pick up trash along our road when we take walks or ride bicycles.  By making judicious purchases at stores and recycling as much as possible we generate a total of 4 bags of garbage/year.  Now when I look at how much trash is generated across the street from me, about 12 + bags/week for 1 family of 5, I gasp.

In countries like Kosova and Albania I have seen huge piles of human waste and trash dumped into pristine lakes and rivers.  In Nicaragua, Lake Nicaragua, near the capital is so bad it is hard to breathe w/o almost getting sick to your stomach.  The country of Guyana, in South America is cleaner than most but still has a long way to go.  Probably the cleanest country I have seen is to our neighbors to the North, in Canada.  Overall, I am quite impressed with how the citizens treat and pick up after themselves.  Here, at home, the adopt-a-highway is a good thing, but it shouldn't be necessary.  People ought to be able to take their trash home instead of flinging out the window expecting someone "less important than they on the food chain" will take care of it.  Where we live, along Torch Lake, we get an added bonus when we walk or ride in that we have a 10 cent return on beer, soda, cans.  Sometimes we do quite well after a ride or walk, othertimes we just add more plastic or metal to the recycling bins. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:14pm
   Jato we can set a good example and hope others will follow. On the positive side I think the United States has made some progress over the last 50 years as far as pollution. I think the younger generation is being more thoughtful and concerned about our natural resources than I was growing up.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:20pm
We up here in Canada have a deposit on just about everything, however we still have a long way to go. You talk about garbage, we have 1 kitchen catcher a week and 1 blue bag a month. People across the lane in the last 3 weeks 10 blue bags and 12 garbage bags. my wife and I always say, there can't be anything left in the house to throw out.

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:58pm

Deposits.....reminds me of my younger days, prior to aluminum cans becoming popular. Back in those days, a soda pop bottle was worth 2-3 cents deposit. A buddy and me would walk to the busiest road in town and scavenge for pop bottles. We'd almost always find a few and that was our funds for some penny candy! We were "green" and recycling and didn't even know it.   

"Trashy" neighbors....We must all have at least one. I'd be pleased if the one's near me would use bags and proper disposal methods. A significant percentage ends up in my and other's yards, for us to deal with.

It is sad that after only a week some parks are closing for sanitation & vandalism reasons. I heard on the news that this "shut down" could go on for an extended period. If so, all of them may have to eventually close. We just plain screw them up too bad, quickly. There has always been "trashy" people and vandals. It just seems to me as though the problem has been growing and at some point will become unmanageable.

DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 10:00pm
40 UFO sightings in Howard County, MD ... Oh My ..... I wonder how many there have been across the Potomac River in Fairfax County? I shutter to think! Tongue

Sadly as my late father use to say and I have found true "people are pigs" is being proven now with what is happening in our National Parks due to the shut down. Hopefully this will change very soon and who knows in the future we all might be complaining not only the UFO's passing overhead but the trash we find while camping at the Great Wall of America! Embarrassed

Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
When I was in the Knights of Columbus Boy Scout Troop 13, we learned that we were responsible for the world we lived in and it was our duty and obligation to leave all our camp sites, or anywhere else we visited, better than it was when we arrived.  Some how too many people have not learned this lesson.

Like Jato, I agree (as I similarly stated in the other Humans thread) that we are caretakers of the gifts we've received from our Creator and it is our individual and collective responsibility to leave the world better than we arrived.  I don't feel so successful as member of the human race.

I used to patrol our neighborhood for bottles too.  Indeed, when you scored a large bottle it was worth a whole 5¢, enough for a candy bar, while the smaller bottles were worth 2¢.  I have recently seen in Colombia the return of refillable bottles on a big scale.  They are phasing out plastic bottles along with plastic bags over the entire country.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:02am
   I heard once from somewhere we can never improve on what God has created pertaining to nature Everything is so balanced in nature. People who are the ones who sometimes makes things off balance.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:53am
I think you're right, but when we don't understand how what God has made works, how He designed it to evolve and change, etc., we tend to come up with excuses to justify our own interests when we use these gifts.  We also attribute to God, that which we prefer rather than what really is.  

In science we try to discover "how things work" and often get it right, but often we don't.  (I still don't understand why science abandoned the exquisite and simple theories of alchemy. Wink)  The more we understand how things are put together and how they work, the more we won't mess things up quite so badly.  But, the bottom line is that in matters of "improving" in what our Creator made, sadly we are rarely honest about our motives and conclusions.

Bottom line, we are animals who try to survive and we make up the rules to promote what we think is in our interest.  But like all animals, we overgraze, over predate, and piss in our drinking water.  We're not, in the last analysis, any different from the elephant that destroy its own habitat for for one more meal.  If we were truly honest with ourselves about living in a world as God created it, we'd have a very different way of living.  But that isn't going to change, because, after all, we're humans.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 9:37am

One common "theme" that seems to be suggested in this thread is that of "personal responsibility". We seem to agree that folks should simply "play by the rules" and "do the right thing" - as a matter of respect and consideration of the public lands and fellow users.

Folks could learn from our forum, in this respect. For instance, we refrain from some (4) subject matters, not because they are inherently bad/wrong but, because we have respect and consideration for those who's beliefs may differ from our own.   

Again, IMHO, the "shut down" isn't really the issue/problem - it serves to highlight a battle that is waged daily in/on our public lands.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>