R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHeater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater
    Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 9:54pm
I recently bought a used r-pod (& love it) but when I turn on the heater it blows a lot of cold air from the inside roof unit so it is like the air conditioner is competing with the heat which comes in on the floor unit..I couldn’t; get heat above 66, brrr.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 10:47pm
Welcome to the forum.
I don't know the answer but I'm sure it's been answered before.  Use the advanced search function in the header at the top of the page.  
Good luck.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 6:15am
Don’t know your model or year but make sure the thermostat is in auto mode that will most likely fix the issue. Some not knowing that turn the AC circuit breaker off but not necessary. Enjoy your pod.
Steve
Lexus GX460
R-pod 180 2017
1 black lab
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:07am
Yes, you need to make sure the thermostat is set to "AU" or "AUTO", depending on which thermostat you have. "used Pod" doesn't help us know which one you probably have.. 
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:27am
Welcome and congratulations on your new (to you) R-Pod. +1 on setting the thermostat to auto for the fan. If your R-Pod is one that has the furnace under the bed, then it is good to get a small fan to put at the opening to help circulate the hot air from under the bed. I think that is why the other unit runs. Yes, it does compete and it is loud. I use an O2Cool fan that I plug into a 12V outlet I installed to circulate the air when the furnace is running. Other times of year, it gets used to circulate air when we are camping and don't have shore power to run the AC.

I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories in the process. Owning a camping trailer will provide a number of learning opportunities. This forum has been very helpful to me (and my wife). I think you will find it useful as well. Use the advanced search function and extend the date search range. You will come up with more results. The default seems to be posts six months old and newer in the basic search. The advanced search will let you customize the date range to search.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
MRuss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 10:00am
Wow! Thank you all for rapid & helpful advice, especially StephenH. That’s the answer:>)
I have the 2011 RP 177. Looking forward to many fun adventures & using it as a spare bedroom for my grandchild over the holdiays.
 Post Reply Post Reply