R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWarranty 189

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty 189
    Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:18pm
Jato,
Thank you for your input. I'm starting to lean in that direction. There also trying to sell me zylion or something like that for 1100. Suppose to protect the outside and inside of the camper. They can see I'm a rookie. I'm starting to believe I'll purchase trailer only and take my chances. Thank you for responding
Prod 189
2017 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
2014 Harley
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:06am
I have had some type of RV for over 40 years, and have looked over many warranties and talked to many people who have purchased them only to find out that they are virtually useless whenever they have tried to use them.

Most RVs are pretty simple to understand and there are scores of web sites where you can get bundles of information on how to fix anything that may happen.

As far as the RPOD, this thing is so easy to understand.  Other than a few issues of workmanship on the inside,, there is nothing complicated about this product.  As far as protecting the outside of the pod, a coat of good wax a couple of times a year will give you all the protection you need. (As long as you don't store it beneath a tree)Smile

As with any RV, maintain all your sealants on the outside, keep it clean, good tires properly inflated, keep the wheel bearings in good shape  and keep a can of black spray paint handy to take care of the light surface rust on the frame...........You are good to go!  

You are going to love seeing this country!!

Swampfox
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:40am
Technically you are not buying an extended warranty.  Only the manufacturer can legally offer an extended warranty.  FR did offer a one year extension but they stopped that.  What you are buying is a service protection plan.  It is from a third party that is sold through the dealer.  It has nothing to do with FR and is a big money maker for the dealer.  One of the biggest companies is Protective Asset Protection XtraRide plan.  The proplem with these plans is you have to read the fine print and follow the instructions implicitly.  Any deviation and they can deny a claim.  Are they a scam.  Definitely not.  But think about it.  If you buy an extended service plan for every major purchase ( appliances, cars, RVs)  you will never make your money back.  So if you only buy one for the RV will it be worthwhile?  Probably not.  While things break, it is rare to have to spend $1200 in the short time of the warranty period.  People will post that they did spend more but I think the majority would say no .Also check inside your paperwork.  Extended warranties are offered for the furnace, refrigerator and a/c through the manufacturer.  The furnace extension is cheap but not the frig and a/c.  Those are the big ticket items that can break
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
2wolves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 10:46am
I would like to say thanks to everyone that responded to my question. I hope to see ya on the road someday, so I can buy you a beverage of your choice. I'm so grateful to each of you! Hope you all have a great day!
Thank you,
2wolves
2022 196
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Mbearden View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
Never bought an extended warranty on anything...appliance or vehicle.  Bought three 3way rheostats at Lowe’s yesterday for about $55...the register offered me 3 year extended  warranties for  about $12.  Passed as usual.
Mike Bearden
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12