Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 weeks 16 miles NW of Hot Springs Ar
    Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:06am
Sounds nice.. as do shower shoes or flip flops... I don't care how clean a shower seems.. my time in the military taught me about just how serious some good foot funk can be...
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:27am
Sounds like you had quite the adventure.  Our pod is in storage waiting for Spring.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
Ghosthawk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:23am
Ghosthawk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:20am
We got home yesterday after a horrendus night of driving through a winter storm.

RV park was Ron Coleman's Crystal Ridge.
Located about a mile and half west of Hwy 7 between Jessieville and Blue Springs.

About 3 miles north of the West Entrance to Hot Springs Village gated community.

Shopping wise everything you need was within 5 miles including walmart, grocery store, McDonalds (wifi) hardware/lumber stores, you name it it is there.

The RC park is on a hill beside the Coleman Quartz Crystal mine, which is a pretty big open pit type.

The park itself is loaded with trees, mix of some sort of pine and oaks.
Showers/bathrooms, laundry, dump all right by the entrance. Pretty clean, showers could use a tile job, smooth enough on the feet, but looks like the floors were painted several times, and different colors show through in the wear patterns.  That is my only real complaint. Functional, cold on the feet at times. I learned to carry a foam mat for drying after so I did not have to stand with wet feet on cold floors. Endless amounts of very hot water.

Staff is great, friendly, but the real attaction of this place is the peace.

Where I was parked I was looking some 10 yards at a forest, no fence, no signs of man. Saw deer regularly until the hunting season opened. After which they became more scarse.

All the units have 30a and water. I think some 10 or 12 have sewer. They do have a dump station there. They don't do reservations. I suspect summer would see it quite busy.

We saw no children, virtually everyone there had a dog or 4.

12.50 a night plus tax, worked out to something like 96$ a week.

It is QUIET up there. You do hear some mine equipment from time to time. A few vehicles as people come and go. If interested, drive less than a block to the main building and pay 15$ to go dig through the mine tailings for crystals. We did pretty fair there. They also sell fruit baskets of stuff right out of the mine. Covered in clay you can't tell what is in there. Those sell for 115$, but we got LOADS of nice big crystals out of our basket. And a walk around the RV park if your looking you can find chunks of rocks with crystals in them. Pieces of broken crystal. All kinds of stuff.  Fire rings at each side are loaded with left behind pieces that someone else found and did not have room to haul home. One in particular was loaded with chunks of white quartz. And even crystals that were not quite perfect. I mean stuff bigger than your thumb but with a chipped point, or a fractured side.

The pod did well. In the process we did more mods than I care to mention.

Shower got coverted to a closent with 3 plywood shelves.
Pantry got 3 shelves using 6' pine boards for the sides and 3/8ths plywood for the shelf.
Local lumberyard is awesome, they cut plywood to size so I only had to do minor notching, trimming.

Shower door was taken off, hauled home. Our 189 is really only big enough for 2, who needs that much privacy? It made a huge difference on being able to pass each other.

I did have a small leak on the kitchen sink, tracked it to a loose nut on the sink basket. Hand tightened and it stopped.

Everything else just worked.

We use a small electric heater at night, generally turned down as low as it would go.
Kept temps in the mid 60's at night which made for comefortable sleeping.

All in all, yes, I'd buy our 189 again. No doubt.

Currently it is in storage over the holidays. 25$ a month for outside storage. No need to winterize.

After New Years we will roll down, pick it up, spend a day or 3 back at Crystal Ridge sucking up peace, repacking. Then we are off to New Orleans and then the Gulf Coast.
 Post Reply Post Reply