R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWinterizing help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing help
    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 7:29pm
Everything was going fine. Till I expect the water pump to start drawing antifreeze from the gallon jug. I turned off water heater lines in and out. Turn fresh water line off / pickup line on. Put pickup line into gallon jug. Turn water pump on and nothing’s getting sucked out of jug. I think maybe it need to be primed. I pull the hose out of jug and put a funnel into the hole , turned pump on and started pouring antifreeze into funnel. I think now its going. 1 gal nothing 2 gal still nothing. I know it going somewhere. I turn off pump and look under pod. Now I have 2 gallons of antifreeze in my FW tank. I turned the FW line back to open and ran antifreeze through all the plumbing. I can sleep tonight knowing my lines are ok but, I think the FW off / pickup line on valve is working wrong. Any suggestions, did I do something wrong?
AL1010 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:39pm
All I can figure is the deverter valve is installed backwards. Wow, last week I had to take it in to have the shower floor removed to have the drian pipe shortened because the drain was the highest point in the shower.. 
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 6:44am
Ouch.

Thanks for the feedback. For what comfort it may be, not much I am afraid, I believe that your experience is very uncommon.
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 1:46pm
My diverter was also installed backwards!  It is easy to figure out by looking at the water lines once you know how the system works.
Swampfox
AL1010 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 6:43pm
I took it in today to let the dealer fix it. Told them to clean out the FW tank.Also having them fix some braces under the bed (very poor work someone did) and the kitchen cabinet glass defect.
Other than the problems, it looks great going do the road and the heater and fridge work great.
I’m thinking about naming mine the Ghetto Pod.
harrypodder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 2:21pm
May want to consider winterizing with air. Drain the hot water heater and check anode. Drain black & grey tanks. Drain FW tank and run WP until nothing comes out of faucet. Remove caps on low point drains after air clears all the water lines by opening both hot and cold on faucets. Get a gallon of Anti-Freeze pour a cup down P-traps then pour half of what's left in jug down the shower drain to protect anything left in grey tank, drain piping included do the same with what's left down the toilet for the black tank leaving just a little to pour into toilet bowl to keep seal ok. Don't forget to clear outside shower with air.
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 3:18pm
Watch that toilet flush valve, always holds some water unless you purge with air and make sure it can't freeze. Look at a product named Johnny Chock which holds valve open while air pressurizing.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply