Topic ClosedSnow Tires for year round use

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow Tires for year round use
    Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 1:15pm
Yesterday, as I went through the November ritual of taking off my summer tires and replacing with my winter snow tires a neighbor down the road pulled up my drive and asked what kind of tires I was using for winter.  I told him Michelin Latitude X-Ice, and he promptly showed me the exact same tires (except for the size) on his newer Lexus.  I was nonplussed (watch out for the spelling police) at this point until he asked me, "Why not leave those on your Explorer year round?"  He then added that he knows of two other members of the car club of which he is a member use the same tire on their pick-up trucks  . . . .yes, you guessed it, year round.

So, neighbors, mostly north of the Mason-Dixon line, who use snow tires, what do you think?  Do any of you use snows year round?  I am amazed at this particular tire because with most snows the rubber gets quite hard the lower the temps fall.  With the particular brand I have the rubber is still quite "grippy" and "sticky" even at -28C.  And BTW my neighbor claims to have 45,000 miles on his Michelin Latitude X-Ice so far, and they still appear to have a lot of life left in them. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12