Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Should I buy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I buy?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm
I bought my Pod used, I got a 90 day warranty. Way back in this post Royal says he is not a "fix it guy", I think that is important. Anything used, no warranty, I think you need an ability to try and fix or the funds to have it fixed and that can drive the cost up, that labor is expensive. A RV in the shop all the time is not a good investment. I'm retired so working on the Pod is almost a hobby, I have tools, a shop building and experience as an auto rebuilder.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Royal1585 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Royal1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 6:24pm
I mean, I can fix basic things...I just wouldn't want to mess with plumbing, electrical or any of that kind of stuff.  I would want a relatively durable and as low-maintenance as I can.  Casitas appear to be pretty good in that regard, at least from what I have read.  R-Pod reviews are more mixed with some talking about "staples" and "tacks" being used.  Whether that's true or not, I don't know...I'll have to see one first.  thanks!
Go Royals!
lostagain View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 7:25pm
A fiberglass trailer like the Casita and Scamp, doesn't have the structural issues that trailers that are made of wood and metal, like a Pod.  They are like a boat both inside and out.  They remind me of a McGregor 25's interior.  But, if you want something that doesn't need a lot of maintenance work, a Scamp or Casita will probably serve you best.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Our Pod 172
2004 Dodge Dakota 4x4 v8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011