R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Design: Rpod 195

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Design: Rpod 195
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by ZuBrew

This what was posted on the Facebook site yesterday
...then I went to work and changed out the dinette with a sofa to create my version I'll call an RP-Z196 LOL

A sofa wont work here because of the height of the slide. If you look at the outside you will see it. This is why there is no storage under the main part of the bench.

BCProspector View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:32pm
Pondering the 191 vs the 195, but I would love to see a 195 Twin.
I would be concerned about the kitchen slide on the 191, where the kitchen is at the rear of the 195 layout.
The 191 has the water tank under the driver side twin, and given the weight of the 36 gallon tank, where does it go in the 195. The washroom in either has the Black tank under the toilet area, and the gray tank can be balanced, opposite the black. Does that free up storage under the walk around queen, and reduce tongue weight variances based on fill levels. Food for thought and comments ;)
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:59am
Just to clarify, the tank is 30 gallons, not 36. The additional 6 gallons is in the water heater. So there is 36 gallons of fresh water of which 30 is available for use. You can thank the RV industry marketing folks for that cute little bit of misdirection... 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 4:01pm
I'm glad that there will be an option for people who want to avoid climbing over, I tend to think RPod has something for (almost) everyone so this is yet another opportunity for that. Personally I love the width of our 179 and that the tires are outside of the trailer walls. And I'm the one on the inside, the climber-over so to speak, and so far so good. I realize this can change but for now we're very happy. And it's still fun to learn of the new models and floorplans and what-not, kinda like window shopping Smile
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:57pm
Although it has not reached the point where I can't do the climb-over, I can foresee the day when I won't be able to do so.That is one reason I am looking forward to seeing the 195. That does not mean that I will rush to order the first one, but it will be an option for us as we age. My wife is going to have a knee replaced the middle of this month. I have had L4-L5 fusion and the arthritis in my joints is not getting any better. That is one reason I did my dinette modification. I can use that if I can't do the climb-over.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
crankster78 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:33am
Greetings;

I was at a RV show on Friday and did a walk though on a R191.   I like the double beds and the floor level bathroom.  Also noticed that it's on 15 inch rims with good ground clearance.  I was impressed with the design.  The only thing I didn't like was the kitchen was in the slide out.  I just don't like the idea of all those hoses moving in and out.  That's just me I guess.  At my age, It's doubtful I will be buying another RV.  I like my 179 and don't know after I turn 80 whether I want to keep towing.  Time doesn't stop.  Clap

Crankster78  R-179 F-150 
Crankster 78 R-179 2015
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:03am
My wife and I don't even try the climb over anymore. I tend to sleep soundly the first half of the night and she is the opposite, so she gets the outside the first half and I get it the second, swapping around 2AM.  Works for us, I'm not going to change from the 179 for an alternative layout for that. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:35am
I'm going to wait until I see a 195 to comment.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:21am
   I have been thinking since Evergreen making the Ascend went out of business that leaves only the Gulf Stream Vista with a one piece fiberglass roof having a 7.5 wide bodied camper. Perhaps Forest River is now competing with the Gulf Stream Vista with the 195 model.It looks like the outside may be very similar in shape but with a big difference the r-pod 195 most likely will have a torsion axle where the Vista's have a spring axle. They will both will be made with Azdel sides and perhaps another difference would be the Vista is six sided aluminum framed. But I think there is a market for a wider fiberglass roofed camper and maybe Forest River is thinking the same. What's next is Jayco and Winnebago going to making wider campers too.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

DaveandLeann View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:21pm
I am interested in the dinette conversion that you mentioned. Could you post more information?
Thanks!
Dave&Leann
R-pod 179
Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>