Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew 179rk - Event Date: 11 Oct 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New 179rk
    Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:48pm
Hi Leila here. We are buying a 2018 r pod 179 hopefully tomorrow in Colorado. Very excited to own this wonderful TT. What should we know what should we look for what should we expect? Hoping all you experienced rpod owners will give us some ideas issues ETC that we should know about before we sign on the the check.thanks
HeylovemyIpod
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:41am
Take a video camera (or use your cell phone) and record the walk-through. That way, you can refer back to it because otherwise, there is just so much information being given in a short time that it will be hard to remember all of it.

Check the operation of all lights. Check the operation of the refrigerator, especially on propane to make sure it will light. (the hard part initially is bleeding the air out of the lines). Check the furnace and air conditioner operation. Make sure that they show you how to properly stow the table for travel (upside down and strapped to the bench seat of the slide-out). Make sure all water connections are tight and not leaking. Make sure they explain the power panel and show you the 110V breakers, the 12V fuses, and the 40A reverse polarity fuses that are somewhat hidden in the middle. Make sure that they check the brackets that hold the fresh, black, and gray water tanks to make sure they are tight up against the frame and there are no threads showing for the screws between the bracket and frame. Have them show you the hangers for the black and gray water drains and how to make sure they are tight.

Pay attention to the location and operation of the hot water heater bypass valve(s) for your 179 and the location and operation of the winteization valve for the water pump. Have them explain the water heater switch inside (for propane operation) and the outside switch for electrical use (hard to see since it is somewhat hidden). Make sure it is off if you do not have water in the water heater tank so you don't burn out the element. Only have it on if you are absolutely sure the water heater tank is full which can be checked by using the pressure relief valve).

That should cover some of the basics. Some depends on what you get with it such as the hitch you will use. It should be set up and explained also. I suspect that you will have questions after you pick it up. Come back here. The search function is good for looking for common issues that pop up.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Blender Bob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:21am
Sounds like fun! We are/were first time RVs and 178 HRE Rpod owners last March. You will find that there is not one owners manual, but a collection of owner's manuals for everything in the TT.  i.e. one for the heater, A/C, Frig, Microwave, -- think 3 ring binder.  

If your R-Pod is brand new, note that the Rpod brakes require a break in of 30 to 50 break-in operations before they become totally effective. Depending on your tow vehicle, if you have a electric brake controller, and if you are headed home in the mountains, this could be more significant. Review this with seller before you close on the TT to be prepared.

Bob in Franktown, CO
Bob
2015 Chevy Colorado Z71
2018 178 R-pod Hood River Edition
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:36pm
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your 179!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:32pm
Welcome to the group and congratulations.
We used this forum to help us decide on R-pod.  We love ours.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:29pm
Congrats on the new 179 from a fellow 179 owner! +1 StephenH and his solid counsel. I have a bunch of 179 videos on the link below if interested. This group has been great for questions over the time I've had my pod. Enjoy!
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply