R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeston Bend Pod Rally (MO) May 2019 - Event Date: 02 May 2019 - 05 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Weston Bend Pod Rally (MO) May 2019
    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:11am

Green Dirt Sheep Farm and Creamery --

We already posted a link to the Green Dirt Farm (posted again below), their store and our comments about how absolutely yummy is their cheese, but... for any interested in touring the actual sheep dairy farm itself, reservations need to be made in advance and there is a minimum of four people for a tour. The tour is about an hour long and then there is cheese tasting. Cost is $15; if you want wine with your tasting, the cost is $25.  

One of our Pod couples, Linda and Lloyd, would like to go and will be happy to make arrangements if any of you are interested in a tour.  If you are, let me know and I will put you in contact with Linda.

https://greendirtfarm.com/

2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by ArthroPod

Ozapod,yes we have been to a rpod rally . Sorry , I missed your post requesting that.

Thanks.  No problem!  See you in about a month!! :-)
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:02pm
Campsite cancellations/bookings -- I check the campground reservations quite regularly and today I noticed that a campsite was available that previously had been booked.  It was not booked by someone with our rally.  So I notified the first person on the waiting list, and they were able to go online and book the site for themselves. Yea! Thumbs Up 
I have one other person on the waiting list.  If you want to be added to the list, let me know.  Something may open up!
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:59pm
Thumbs UpThursday-Sunday, 5pm -- HAPPY HOUR!
Bring your own drink of choice (alcohol not required) and chair to site #18 if you're ready for some meet and greet time with fellow podders. This is NOT a podluck!  And is totally optional, of course.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:39am
We had to cancel our reservation for the rally...unable to make the trip now....site #32 is open....May 2-5.  Have a great time
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Billy Bob

We had to cancel our reservation for the rally...unable to make the trip now....site #32 is open....May 2-5.  Have a great time

Oh, I am very sad to hear this!  I hope your entire camping trip did not have to get cancelled, or at least that you have some camping coming up.
Thank you for letting me know.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:39pm

Here it is -- the Rally Schedule all in one place.

ALL GROUP EVENTS AT RALLY CENTRAL, SITE #18 (Unless otherwise noted). For meals, please bring your chairs, beverages, plates and cutlery, and serving spoons/forks as needed for your food items.   ALL EVENTS OPTIONAL!!  

Schedule subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
As soon as you can after arriving, please come by Site #18 to pick up your Welcome Bag!

THURSDAY-SUNDAY

9am — Coffee
Bring your coffee and chairs if you're ready to have some meet and greet time with fellow Podders. As with everything camping, come casual and comfortable - jammies OK. Not a coffee drinker or too late for coffee? You are still welcome to come on over. (Not a Podluck)

5pm — Happy Hour
Bring your own drink of choice and chairs if you’re ready for some meet and greet time with fellow podders. (Not a Podluck)

After dinner — Campfire
Bring your chairs to the campfire, and if you want to, bring your campfire cooking and food goodies. (Hot dogs, marshmallows, and campfire sticks or pie makers and fixins…. Etc).

ANY TIME — Come by Rally Central any time if you’re just wanting to hang out and visit!

THURSDAY

6pm — Podluck Dinner
Grilled dogs/brats provided.
Bring a side dish or dessert to share.

FRIDAY

10am — Jerky Smoking Demo #1,  site #12
brought to you by Podder Elmer. Take your chairs if you want.  Enjoy free samples!!
One demo will be extruded made with ground beef, the other is full muscle, round or rump. Two totally different styles of Jerky. He also will make different flavors, do it step by step and answer all questions. Elmer has been smoking meats for over 50 years and has made Jerky half of that. He was a butcher in Wisconsin and then in Kansas.

6pm — Podluck Dinner
Bring your favorite Crockpot, Instant Pot, or Dutch Oven item to share.  (If you bring something prepared some other way, it will NOT be turned away!)

8pm — Rally Door Prizes and Hometown Gift Exchange*

SATURDAY

9am — Podluck Breakfast

11am — Pod Crawl Pod Tours

11am — Jerky Smoking Demo #2, Site #12. (See Friday 10am)

6pm — Totally Podluck Dinner
Bring whatever.  Leftovers OK, including breakfast items.  Clean out your fridge if you want.  Whatever!

SUNDAY

6pm — Cinco de Mayo
Taco Salad Bar!

*HOMETOWN GIFT EXCHANGE:
For those who wish to participate, bring an item (one per person OR one per Pod) that is from or represents something about your hometown. $10-$15 price range.  Wrap your item(s), and enclose a note with your name and hometown and if not readily obvious, explain how this relates to your hometown.  When you  arrive at the campground and are set up, bring your wrapped item to Rally Central (site #18) where we    will store them.  Friday evening should be fun, and there WILL be stealing opportunities!
 Those who don't participate are welcome to observe.

2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 1:43am
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:29am
Posting again -- let me know if you are interested in a tour of the sheep farm, and I will get you in touch with Linda who is organizing a tour.

Originally posted by Oz-a-POD

Green Dirt Sheep Farm and Creamery --

We already posted a link to the Green Dirt Farm (posted again below), their store and our comments about how absolutely yummy is their cheese, but... for any interested in touring the actual sheep dairy farm itself, reservations need to be made in advance and there is a minimum of four people for a tour. The tour is about an hour long and then there is cheese tasting. Cost is $15; if you want wine with your tasting, the cost is $25.  

One of our Pod couples, Linda and Lloyd, would like to go and will be happy to make arrangements if any of you are interested in a tour.  If you are, let me know and I will put you in contact with Linda.

https://greendirtfarm.com/

2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:36am
 POSTING AGAIN TO UPDATE -- 
At least four Podders have made their reservations for the 2pm tour on Friday -- consider joining them!! Approve Take the reservation link below.  If you make reservations for a tour at another time and you would like to invite other Podders to join you, please post that here.  Thanks!

Originally posted by Oz-a-POD

Holladay Distillery Tour Info --
The distillery is very close to the campground. Tours are $10 per person. They last about an hour and include tasting and 10% discount at their store following the tour. For any of you interested, here's what you need to know:

First, they have an online reservation system and tours are for a max of 12 people. Each day has several time options. If YOU are interested, let me suggest that you make your reservation and post it here, and perhaps others will decide to join you on your tour and make their reservations. Also, if I know when folks have scheduled tours, I can work Rally events around that. And although I did notice that one of the Friday tour times already has 4 spots booked, I don't know that there is a huge rush to make a reservation right away unless you want to be sure to get your choice of time and try to maybe fill a tour with Podders. They do suggest advance reservations, and a full refund is available with at least 24 hours notice. :-)

A second option is that they can arrange tours for larger groups. If, say 40 people wanted to go, they would be split into two actual groups and head out on the tour about 15 minutes apart. This would need to be arranged at least a couple weeks prior to the date, and would depend on their availability. It is still $10 per person. My personal thought is -- perhaps the tours are better with smaller groups, and it would be challenging to find a time that works for everyone interested, so I will NOT be planning a group tour.

This information has also been posted to the RPod Owners Facebook group.  If someone there posts that they have made a reservation, I will post it here.

Here's the link for tour info and booking.  https://holladaydistillery.com/distillery-tour/

2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>