R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedair and furnace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: air and furnace
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:14pm
I have two questions.  Why does the air conditioner come on when i have the thermostat on furnace and only want heat?   Also the hot water heater comes blasting on when i turn on the heater button but i cant get any hot water to run.  I have a forest river 179 2015

thank you!!!
Marc Goddard
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
Ok, lots going on here. 
1st
 you should have the fan set to auto on the thermostat. Press "mode" till you see "fan". Then press the up/down key till it says "auto". That should fix the fan (not the a/c) turning on with the heater. 
2nd
The heat, and hot water have nothing to do with each other. The heat is turned on with the thermostat, and the hot water is turned on by the switch next to the water pump switch.  For heat, Again press the "mode" button till it says furnace, then the up/down to set temp.
 For hot water, turn the switch next to the water pump on, OR you can use electric hot water (if you're plugged in) by using the switch located outside in the lower left corner of the hot water furnace. It's hard to see at first. Be sure you have water in the hot water tank before using. Check this by Pulling the emergency pressure release handle up, it should let water squirt out if there is water in there. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:11pm
The HW in electric is controlled by the HW CB and the outside switch, I have never had mine "blast on", it heats, it's just an element. +1 to Mjlrpod on furnace/AC ops. If you have no hot water it is NOT heating. BTW that system (HW) only works on shore power or propane.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:49pm
This forum is great!  
We've been out in the rpod a few times this autumn and the temperature would drop to the single digits (celcius, 30's farenheit) in the evening.  Whenever i turned the heat on, the "jet engine fan" would kick on as well.  I couldn't figure out why it was doing this.  A quick search when I got home and I came up with the responses from mjlrpod and mcarter.  Thanks very much to both of you for the directions to "auto" on the thermostat!

2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
 Post Reply Post Reply