FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 1:12pm

Howdy everyone!

I’m sure glad I found these forums. In the next few months, I’ll be buying a 2019 179 or 180 (still debating). Like so many other posts I’ve seen, I’m brand new to everything owning a camper involves.

Here’s a bit about me and why I want an RPod. I’m a single, 40 year old guy, living in Oregon. 60 days ago I had a roux en y gastric bypass. My #1 goal after getting to a healthy weight is to CAMP. Maybe I’m biased, but my home state offers a bit of every type of camping, and I wanna be out in it. Due to my weight, I haven’t been tent camping in over 10 years, and I miss being outside. I will struggle to fit in any camper, cause I’m 6’7.

I’ve never owned a truck or an SUV, and my only towing experience is a few summers bailing hay in high school. I towed my bailer with a giant Kubota tractor. Oh, and I’ve driven a U-Haul a few times (I know that’s not towing, but it was a 26 footer, lol).

I have so many questions! I’ll be seeing you in the forums!

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 2:16pm
At 6'7", you should go to a dealership and spend some time, like a couple hours in a pod.. It's going to be cramped.
Really.
The RV queen bed is only 74" long.. you are 79" long, and yes, I know you know this, but you really need to double check you are comfortable in that space, and can deal with the bed. Corner to corner works, as long as you stay single and dogless... Then there WILL be issues. I am only 6'1", and it was a close thing for us at first. It helped that I was in the Army on tanks for 20 years.. I had a "big guy in small space" mindset already.. get in the bathroom, stand at the stove top, etc...

And welcome to the group. I promise we all want to see you a happy podder, but we want to see you a happy camper first..
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 2:47pm
Welcome to the group!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171